Help needed no sarcasm please

Tish99
Tish99 Posts: 22
edited October 2012 in MTB beginners
I know I've posted a few times with soecs etc. I'm looking for a second hand bike around the £300 price mark. Finding it difficult to find something in good condition.

I found a kona cindercone for £300 the said it would be serviced etc.

Model: kona cindercone

Frame size: 20”

Suspension: rockshox tora

Lockout: yes

Brakes type: hydraulic disc brake set-up

Gears:

Speed: 27

Front mech: shimano deore

Rear mech: shimano slx

Shifters: shimano deore

Crankset: alpha drive

Stem: kona

Bar: kona

Wheelset:

Front rim: mach 1

Front hub: sram

Rear rim: alexrims dp17

Rear hub: shimano

Is this a fairly decent set up? More than what I would get paying for a bike at £400 brand new?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Impossible to say - serviced means nothing except a bit of lube and adjust. Sounds a bit much to me, but without looking at the bike....
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • hi

if you want to pm me and let me know were abouts you live i will have a look on ebay for you and see what bargains their is, but you will need to tell me the bike frame size your after and the kind of bike riding you do..xc/dh/al

im on ebay alot as i do a lot of buying and selling
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What brakes? What year.

You won't get near that spec for £400 new.

If it's in very good condition that's a fair price, if it's rough it's about £50-75 overpriced.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    What brakes? What year.

You won't get near that spec for £400 new.

If it's in very good condition that's a fair price, if it's rough it's about £50-75 overpriced.
    if its the one i've just seen on ebay, same spec as above, its a 2010, brakes tbc, it hasn't any on yet, looks like its a small shop thats been listing bikes on ebay
    All bikes we sell are fully serviced by a trained mechanic, as with anything that has been used it can sometimes be the case that something isn't spot on so please bear this in mind. We spend on average 1hour per bike servicing so we get them in the best condition possible. Any questions just ask.
    and its at a buy it now price of £349.99 with 3 offers made so far
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011