cube vs cannondale

okeydokey79
okeydokey79 Posts: 89
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
hi all just after views on 2 bikes really, looking to upgrade my carrera tdf to either the cube peleton race or the cannondale caad8 105(2012 n 2013 models available is there much difference?)i really like the cube it looks lovely but which frame is the better of the 2 i here the cannondale has a very good frame! i dont want to spend any more than a £1000(just about afford this, both bikes just over)but i like the feel of both only managed sit on them not ride them that is later in the month. but if you had the choice or own 1 what are your views, i am aware they will be mixed but just looking that a view up 2date reviews. thanks for your time.

btw i will be using the bike for social rides/sportives just looking to up my mileage and get a better bike!!! :D (tdf for the commute)
«1

Comments

  • I don't think you can go wrong with either bike both are well thought of brands decide which one you like the look of and buy it.If it was me id opt for the cannondale but thats just me
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    The Cannondale has the market leader in alu frames behind it ... Yes, they are now made in the far east but tech is just ones and zeroes on a disk at that end of the market ... Easily transferrable between factories ...

    The Cube is a generic frame with a paintjob ...
  • Highly recommend the Caad's - I had one for 4.5 yrs and used it for commuting, weekend rides & sportives. It was a great bike
  • The Cannondale has the market leader in alu frames behind it ... Yes, they are now made in the far east but tech is just ones and zeroes on a disk at that end of the market ... Easily transferrable between factories ...

    The Cube is a generic frame with a paintjob ...


    No its not, the Cube is their own design as are the rest of the range.

    Buy the Cube Peloton, you get more for your money over the Cannondale which are way over- priced.
  • andyoh
    andyoh Posts: 115
    Insideinfo wrote:
    No its not, the Cube is their own design as are the rest of the range.

    Buy the Cube Peloton, you get more for your money over the Cannondale which are way over- priced.

    You may get more for your money with the Cube but which is the better frame??

    I'm buying my son a road bike and the Cube wasn't even on the list. He's getting a 2013 CAAD10 105. There is a reason I'm buying him a CAAD10 and that's because he's racing in the Youth A's next year and the Cannondale CAAD10 frame is regarded as one of the best Aluminium frames you can buy.

    OP, if you can stretch your budget a little also have a look at Canyon, they offer incredible value for money.
  • andyoh wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    No its not, the Cube is their own design as are the rest of the range.

    Buy the Cube Peloton, you get more for your money over the Cannondale which are way over- priced.

    You may get more for your money with the Cube but which is the better frame??

    I'm buying my son a road bike and the Cube wasn't even on the list. He's getting a 2013 CAAD10 105. There is a reason I'm buying him a CAAD10 and that's because he's racing in the Youth A's next year and the Cannondale CAAD10 frame is regarded as one of the best Aluminium frames you can buy.

    OP, if you can stretch your budget a little also have a look at Canyon, they offer incredible value for money.

    Theres not much difference in the frames at that price point, they are both made to a budget.

    Just because your son is racing doesnt mean the Cannondale is the better frame, youre simply buying it because youre a sheep thats followed the masses and actually believe that Cannondale make the best frames. Its one of the biggest myths going. I know half a dozen road bike mechanics with years of experience that often tell me and my friends that Cannondale frames suffer more breaks and cracks than anything else. So who do you believe? in fact its so rife the mechanics call them 'Crack'nbreak' so they cant be that great, i was told to avoid them like the plague. The top end frames of £4k+ might be ok but the 'normal' range isnt any better than Cube, Specialized, Trek, Canyon, Giant...etc etc.

    Sometimes it pays to do some research and not act like a Lemming. :D
  • Getting heated!
  • :D i expected some mixed reviews but didnt intend on starting a heated debate,my heart is saying the cube as it looks the part and fits the bill, but still goin look again at the caad ! hopefully it will calm down a bit now :?
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    andyoh wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    No its not, the Cube is their own design as are the rest of the range.

    Buy the Cube Peloton, you get more for your money over the Cannondale which are way over- priced.

    You may get more for your money with the Cube but which is the better frame??

    I'm buying my son a road bike and the Cube wasn't even on the list. He's getting a 2013 CAAD10 105. There is a reason I'm buying him a CAAD10 and that's because he's racing in the Youth A's next year and the Cannondale CAAD10 frame is regarded as one of the best Aluminium frames you can buy.

    OP, if you can stretch your budget a little also have a look at Canyon, they offer incredible value for money.

    Theres not much difference in the frames at that price point, they are both made to a budget.

    Just because your son is racing doesnt mean the Cannondale is the better frame, youre simply buying it because youre a sheep thats followed the masses and actually believe that Cannondale make the best frames. Its one of the biggest myths going. I know half a dozen road bike mechanics with years of experience that often tell me and my friends that Cannondale frames suffer more breaks and cracks than anything else. So who do you believe? in fact its so rife the mechanics call them 'Crack'nbreak' so they cant be that great, i was told to avoid them like the plague. The top end frames of £4k+ might be ok but the 'normal' range isnt any better than Cube, Specialized, Trek, Canyon, Giant...etc etc.

    Sometimes it pays to do some research and not act like a Lemming. :D

    So you don't rate Cannondale frames below £4k, based on what you've been told rather than experienced, and then go on to insult someone who has a different opinion to you. What's all this 'research' you've done then? Educate us please :roll:

    No prizes for guessing what you ride?
  • what bs from inside info. i dont have a cannondale, but you clearly dont and have a problem with cannondales for some reason. if c'dales were so prone to breaking, they wouldnt be so popular. you clearly a cube rider as you dont like the anti cube remarks. from everything i have heard, cubes are decent bikes, but the cube badge is misleading. all cube do is buy a generic frame of which they have had 0 input in design and just stick their badge on and color scheme. still good stuff, but seem to be pretending to be something they are not.

    it seems to me that the people who say this make or that make are not as good as they are meant to be are those who own one of the bikes, the ones they are dissing are compared against.likeise the 'stellar' reveiws of bikes by people on here are also clealry biased the other way mostly. if someone owns the bike, most of the time they will say how fantastic it is, a because they dont want to say they made a mistake say, b because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and c because often they have nothing to compare it against really. only someone who has owned a number of bikes, or done significant test rides (not the sort bike stores allow), i mean magazine reviewers for example, can really know all the differences, and then its subjective.

    if they both feel comfortable and lively on the brief test you are allowed just buy the one that you like the most.

    i guess we all have the prettiest wife at home though don we...
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    I have a CAAD5 from 2005 (although the frames 5 were made as early as 2000) and its still goind strong.

    CAAD frames are very good indeed and Cannondale pioneered aluminium frame design and developed it over the last 25 or so years to the CAAD 10 we have today.

    I personally love the CAAD frames and do not believe the horror story cracknbreak coblers.

    So my advice to you is go Dale - it is the better frame.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • andyoh
    andyoh Posts: 115
    Insideinfo wrote:
    andyoh wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    No its not, the Cube is their own design as are the rest of the range.

    Buy the Cube Peloton, you get more for your money over the Cannondale which are way over- priced.

    You may get more for your money with the Cube but which is the better frame??

    I'm buying my son a road bike and the Cube wasn't even on the list. He's getting a 2013 CAAD10 105. There is a reason I'm buying him a CAAD10 and that's because he's racing in the Youth A's next year and the Cannondale CAAD10 frame is regarded as one of the best Aluminium frames you can buy.

    OP, if you can stretch your budget a little also have a look at Canyon, they offer incredible value for money.

    Theres not much difference in the frames at that price point, they are both made to a budget.

    Just because your son is racing doesnt mean the Cannondale is the better frame, youre simply buying it because youre a sheep thats followed the masses and actually believe that Cannondale make the best frames. Its one of the biggest myths going. I know half a dozen road bike mechanics with years of experience that often tell me and my friends that Cannondale frames suffer more breaks and cracks than anything else. So who do you believe? in fact its so rife the mechanics call them 'Crack'nbreak' so they cant be that great, i was told to avoid them like the plague. The top end frames of £4k+ might be ok but the 'normal' range isnt any better than Cube, Specialized, Trek, Canyon, Giant...etc etc.

    Sometimes it pays to do some research and not act like a Lemming. :D

    Actually, I have studied what bike to buy my son for quite some time. I have the funds to buy him a £6,000 bike if I wanted too, however, in Youth A racing I think a £6,000 bike would probably be a complete waste of money as he is still developing both physically and mentally and with more races and therefore racecraft behind him the budget I have allowed i.e. £6,000 can be spent once he goes senior at 18 and it is then that he would benefit from a bike of that cost.

    As I said I have done my research and an aluminium framed bike and especially the CAAD10 together with the specific geometry of the CAAD10 is the ideal frame for a 15 year old to start racing with.

    I don't appreciate being called a sheep or a lemming as I am far from one, I suggest keeping comments like that to yourself unless you know the person you are speaking about.

    If you are so knowledgable why don't you recommend me an aluminium framed bike that is as good as the CAAD10 aluminium frame. No carbon, steel or titanium just aluminium. I will also add he has access to both carbon and aluminium Italian designed bikes, but this specific bike is to be his and has to be aluminium.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    :D i expected some mixed reviews but didnt intend on starting a heated debate,my heart is saying the cube as it looks the part and fits the bill, but still goin look again at the caad ! hopefully it will calm down a bit now :?

    If I was you I would "test ride" the bikes you are interested in and choose the one you like best - it might come down ultimately to which bike geometry fits you best rather which has the best reviews. Generally, bikes made at the £1000 bracket are pretty good bikes for normal use (social+ recreational and the odd sportive). By the way, some people spout utter b#ll#cks when talking bikes - ultimately your own opinion is most important.
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    I will not get into any debate here because to be frank,i don`t have enough knowledge or experience.

    What i will say is that two months ago i bought the Cannondale Caad 8 105 and absolutely love it.I would`nt swap it for anything right now and highly recommend them.They are light comfortable and look great,the 105`s are a dream to use.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    op, you will always get some one who is so strongly against your choice as you will so strongly agree with your choice.i have started to think its a bit like buying a car buying a bike. there actually isnt really a bad one out there its more whats in your budget and if its fit for purpose. i have had a 2012 caad8 tiagra for a year and i cant complain about it. i now am looking at getting a ti frame with a more comfotrtable geo to make a more comfortable ride....now a lot of people say why spend on ti just get steel, its a never ending argument!

    back on track, go with which you have a proper connection with and enjoy
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • Been riding both Mountain, Road and Cross Cannondales for over 15 years and never had a problem with frames cracking.

    Some around 2004 2005 did suffer from corrosion but thats the only problem I have known

    Currently have a SuperSix, SuperX CX bike and Tourine MTB in Carbon as well as a 9 year old Cannondale Optimo Cross bike for crappy days.

    A friend of mine got a CAAD 10 for his son are really rates it, he also has a SuperSix and commented the CAAD10 was a nice bike to ride.

    Rich...
    Cannondales
    SuperSix Hi Mod Sram Red
    Super X Ultegra
    Tourine XT / XTR
    CX 1000 Disk Ultegra (Winter Hack)
    And an Empella SL Bonfire
  • Insideinfo wrote:
    andyoh wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    No its not, the Cube is their own design as are the rest of the range.

    Buy the Cube Peloton, you get more for your money over the Cannondale which are way over- priced.

    You may get more for your money with the Cube but which is the better frame??

    I'm buying my son a road bike and the Cube wasn't even on the list. He's getting a 2013 CAAD10 105. There is a reason I'm buying him a CAAD10 and that's because he's racing in the Youth A's next year and the Cannondale CAAD10 frame is regarded as one of the best Aluminium frames you can buy.

    OP, if you can stretch your budget a little also have a look at Canyon, they offer incredible value for money.

    Theres not much difference in the frames at that price point, they are both made to a budget.

    Just because your son is racing doesnt mean the Cannondale is the better frame, youre simply buying it because youre a sheep thats followed the masses and actually believe that Cannondale make the best frames. Its one of the biggest myths going. I know half a dozen road bike mechanics with years of experience that often tell me and my friends that Cannondale frames suffer more breaks and cracks than anything else. So who do you believe? in fact its so rife the mechanics call them 'Crack'nbreak' so they cant be that great, i was told to avoid them like the plague. The top end frames of £4k+ might be ok but the 'normal' range isnt any better than Cube, Specialized, Trek, Canyon, Giant...etc etc.

    Sometimes it pays to do some research and not act like a Lemming. :D

    So you don't rate Cannondale frames below £4k, based on what you've been told rather than experienced, and then go on to insult someone who has a different opinion to you. What's all this 'research' you've done then? Educate us please :roll:

    No prizes for guessing what you ride?

    First up, i didnt say i didnt rate them, i simply said at that price point there isnt much difference, which there isnt. You need to go into the upper thousands to really see a difference, which is a fact.

    I didnt insult anyone, i didnt use the word c*nt. Dont worry, you'll know when im insulting someone.

    And lastly, the opinion i gave was the opinion of several mechanics who earn a living in bike shops, its not an opinion of some random muppet on here who pretends to know everything about bikes.
  • andyoh wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    andyoh wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    No its not, the Cube is their own design as are the rest of the range.

    Buy the Cube Peloton, you get more for your money over the Cannondale which are way over- priced.

    You may get more for your money with the Cube but which is the better frame??

    I'm buying my son a road bike and the Cube wasn't even on the list. He's getting a 2013 CAAD10 105. There is a reason I'm buying him a CAAD10 and that's because he's racing in the Youth A's next year and the Cannondale CAAD10 frame is regarded as one of the best Aluminium frames you can buy.

    OP, if you can stretch your budget a little also have a look at Canyon, they offer incredible value for money.

    Theres not much difference in the frames at that price point, they are both made to a budget.

    Just because your son is racing doesnt mean the Cannondale is the better frame, youre simply buying it because youre a sheep thats followed the masses and actually believe that Cannondale make the best frames. Its one of the biggest myths going. I know half a dozen road bike mechanics with years of experience that often tell me and my friends that Cannondale frames suffer more breaks and cracks than anything else. So who do you believe? in fact its so rife the mechanics call them 'Crack'nbreak' so they cant be that great, i was told to avoid them like the plague. The top end frames of £4k+ might be ok but the 'normal' range isnt any better than Cube, Specialized, Trek, Canyon, Giant...etc etc.

    Sometimes it pays to do some research and not act like a Lemming. :D

    Actually, I have studied what bike to buy my son for quite some time. I have the funds to buy him a £6,000 bike if I wanted too, however, in Youth A racing I think a £6,000 bike would probably be a complete waste of money as he is still developing both physically and mentally and with more races and therefore racecraft behind him the budget I have allowed i.e. £6,000 can be spent once he goes senior at 18 and it is then that he would benefit from a bike of that cost.

    As I said I have done my research and an aluminium framed bike and especially the CAAD10 together with the specific geometry of the CAAD10 is the ideal frame for a 15 year old to start racing with.

    I don't appreciate being called a sheep or a lemming as I am far from one, I suggest keeping comments like that to yourself unless you know the person you are speaking about.

    If you are so knowledgable why don't you recommend me an aluminium framed bike that is as good as the CAAD10 aluminium frame. No carbon, steel or titanium just aluminium. I will also add he has access to both carbon and aluminium Italian designed bikes, but this specific bike is to be his and has to be aluminium.

    I dont need to know what kind of person you are if i want to call you a sheep or lemming, if i want to i will. Stop acting like one and i wont call you it, simple.

    Likewise i didnt say i was so knowledgable, i merely gave mine and others opinions to the OP, just because you didnt like it doesnt make me wrong anymore than you are right. Likewise, you dissmiss Cube bikes but i can also tell you've never owned one. But that didn't stop you from thinking you could tell the OP what frame was better did it. So whats the difference? You can say Cube bikes and frames arent as good as Cannondales but im not allowed to say that Cubes are just as good at that price range? Double standards there.

    So your son has decided to go for a Cannondale, good luck, im pleased for him, i hope he enjoys it. But remember, just because he does doesnt mean everyone will. Some people cant stand marmite and some people love it.

    Simple fact is the OP needs to sit on a bike and see for himself, peoples opinions will always differ.
  • Joeblack
    Joeblack Posts: 829
    Insideinfo wrote:
    andyoh wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    No its not, the Cube is their own design as are the rest of the range.

    Buy the Cube Peloton, you get more for your money over the Cannondale which are way over- priced.

    You may get more for your money with the Cube but which is the better frame??

    I'm buying my son a road bike and the Cube wasn't even on the list. He's getting a 2013 CAAD10 105. There is a reason I'm buying him a CAAD10 and that's because he's racing in the Youth A's next year and the Cannondale CAAD10 frame is regarded as one of the best Aluminium frames you can buy.

    OP, if you can stretch your budget a little also have a look at Canyon, they offer incredible value for money.

    Theres not much difference in the frames at that price point, they are both made to a budget.

    Just because your son is racing doesnt mean the Cannondale is the better frame, youre simply buying it because youre a sheep thats followed the masses and actually believe that Cannondale make the best frames. Its one of the biggest myths going. I know half a dozen road bike mechanics with years of experience that often tell me and my friends that Cannondale frames suffer more breaks and cracks than anything else. So who do you believe? in fact its so rife the mechanics call them 'Crack'nbreak' so they cant be that great, i was told to avoid them like the plague. The top end frames of £4k+ might be ok but the 'normal' range isnt any better than Cube, Specialized, Trek, Canyon, Giant...etc etc.

    Sometimes it pays to do some research and not act like a Lemming. :D

    This doesn't make sense, firstly you. Say they are all they same (presuming you mean quality)

    Then you say your 'source' (I do hope the mates misses isn't a mechanic when she's not feeding you with bs about cav) says they are sheeet and always cracking

    Then you end with there all the same again!!!

    So I can only conclude that all these frames are cr@p and susceptible to cracking!!!!


    Jeeeeez I'm off to buy a Btwin
    One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling
  • ...... Is this a good time to jump in?I just picked up a cube peloton race 2013 it is beeeeaaaauuutttiiifffuuulll and my first road bike and I'm over the moon with it. iPad won't let me upload picks so pm me your e-mail and I'll send pics.

    Only tested it in car park to get used to spd sl's but first big ride tomorrow. I'll report back ...
  • I've got a Cube alloy framed bike and though I wasn't overly keen on it to start with, I now think it's a great bike for the money. To date, I have had no issues with it whatsoever after 4-5 years service.

    It is now used mainly for commuting to work which seems a little bit of a shame, as it's too good for that really.

    I'd have no reservations at all in recommending a Cube to someone else based on my experience. However, I do also like the Cannondales I have seen, very much. I like them mainly for the horizontal top tubes which they invariably have. Bit of a traditionalist at heart.
  • Just found the troll button, insideinfo is gone from my life forever 8)
  • ricky1980
    ricky1980 Posts: 891
    to the OP, I have recently purchased CAAD8 Tia, there isn't a lot of difference between Tia and 105 tbh. used to ride allez sports for my commute, the CAAD8 feels a lot lighter and more purposeful, and one thing i noticed is that the BB is definitely better in terms of getting the leg power into the wheels. basically really responsive and I have a lot of fun on it when i get a couple of miles of free road :) for £700 i think you can get the CAAD8 and spend some money on better wheels like a pair of second hand kysrium elite or fulcrum racing 3 then you are sorted.

    the CAAD's ride position is suppose to be quite comfortable more upright then average road bikes. I had to tweak the seat and handle bar position a few time to settle into my current position. but yes it is more upright than usual but i prefer it personally...i can see more ahead.

    Can't comment on the cube tho.
    Road - Cannondale CAAD 8 - 7.8kg
    Road - Chinese Carbon Diablo - 6.4kg
  • greentea
    greentea Posts: 180
    Joeblack wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    andyoh wrote:
    Insideinfo wrote:
    No its not, the Cube is their own design as are the rest of the range.

    Buy the Cube Peloton, you get more for your money over the Cannondale which are way over- priced.

    You may get more for your money with the Cube but which is the better frame??

    I'm buying my son a road bike and the Cube wasn't even on the list. He's getting a 2013 CAAD10 105. There is a reason I'm buying him a CAAD10 and that's because he's racing in the Youth A's next year and the Cannondale CAAD10 frame is regarded as one of the best Aluminium frames you can buy.

    OP, if you can stretch your budget a little also have a look at Canyon, they offer incredible value for money.

    Theres not much difference in the frames at that price point, they are both made to a budget.

    Just because your son is racing doesnt mean the Cannondale is the better frame, youre simply buying it because youre a sheep thats followed the masses and actually believe that Cannondale make the best frames. Its one of the biggest myths going. I know half a dozen road bike mechanics with years of experience that often tell me and my friends that Cannondale frames suffer more breaks and cracks than anything else. So who do you believe? in fact its so rife the mechanics call them 'Crack'nbreak' so they cant be that great, i was told to avoid them like the plague. The top end frames of £4k+ might be ok but the 'normal' range isnt any better than Cube, Specialized, Trek, Canyon, Giant...etc etc.

    Sometimes it pays to do some research and not act like a Lemming. :D

    This doesn't make sense, firstly you. Say they are all they same (presuming you mean quality)

    Then you say your 'source' (I do hope the mates misses isn't a mechanic when she's not feeding you with bs about cav) says they are sheeet and always cracking

    Then you end with there all the same again!!!

    So I can only conclude that all these frames are cr@p and susceptible to cracking!!!!


    Jeeeeez I'm off to buy a Btwin


    Insideinfo is right, Cannondales are f*cking rubbish. Im sorry, but i have owned two and both of them let me down. The components are under specced for the money. A Supersix for nearly £2k with Shimano 105 and Joe Bubblegum wheels ??? Do me a favour!! Cannondale are ripping the pjss with all this "its in the frame" rubbish. Yeah you and every other bike producer as well. :roll:

    Also, go and check out the Cycling Plus Bike of the Year 2012 review, see any Cannondales in the top 5 do you? No! But the Cube has been in there for the past couple of years.

    I rest my case.
  • ...... Is this a good time to jump in?I just picked up a cube peloton race 2013 it is beeeeaaaauuutttiiifffuuulll and my first road bike and I'm over the moon with it. iPad won't let me upload picks so pm me your e-mail and I'll send pics.

    Only tested it in car park to get used to spd sl's but first big ride tomorrow. I'll report back ...[/qu
    look forward to your review on it, and yeah i love the look of the bike so 1st of november ill order my vouchers and then get bike sorted(nice xmas present to myself )
  • bikeit65
    bikeit65 Posts: 995
    As the owner of a Caad 10 i would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone a bike of that quality for less than a grand,
    The only downside were the wheels that came with the bike but that was not a problem for me as i had a set of handbuilt wheels from Ugo. i was always a Giant owner but the Caad 10 in my opinion is a far better bike,
    https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
    Trek Domane SL7 GEN4
    Planet X RT58
    Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
    Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

    HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    I've got a Specialized Tarmac and am sometimes overtaken by cyclists with old framed bikes. Think some guy eased passed me with a 20 year old Cologano the other day. It happens. Unless you're spending a significant amount, the difference between one bike and the other are minimal.

    What's the difference between a high end Allez and a low end Tarmac? Very, very little.

    And for the record, I'd rather have a Specialized Allez than an aluminium Cannondale. Why? It's just a personal choice. Have your son test ride a few bikes to see which one he is most comfortable with!
  • lemon63
    lemon63 Posts: 253
    Regarding the Cube vs Cannondale frame qualities debate, the fact that there are pro teams riding Cannondales but none riding Cubes (as far as I'm aware) should say something about their quality.
    what you reckon ?
  • The Cube is a generic frame with a paintjob ...
    It was bullsh*t the first time it was posted here a few days ago with no evidence, and guess what? It's still bullsh*t :wink:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... YrrBeoIAWM
  • I have the Cube Peloton 2012, the stock wheels are shite - google it. Had loads of problems, also has a slight falt in the rear of the frame - the bracket that holds the rear brake is mounted a fraction too high. Soon as the pads wear down they start to rub on the tyre. Hopefully that fixed it for the 2013 model and ditched the Easton wheelset.