Scott cr1 comp or wilier izoard xp veloce

dastrass
dastrass Posts: 61
edited October 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi, i'm looking at treating myself to a new road bike and wondered if anyone had any opinions or experience of these two bikes. Both are about the same price and i have been told that both are excellent bikes for a first decent road bike. Cheers

Comments

• roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Can't comment on the Scott but I have an Izoard XP Veloce and I love it. Don't see too many of them around my way either.
  • How do you like the campag shifters ? . I've never used campag but love the look of the izoard
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    I also have an Izoard XP veloce. It works well and I like the Campagnolo mechanism. The thumb "up" shifter is a really nice design and easy to operate from the hoods or drops. Apart from that there is little difference from shimano. Personally I now prefer campagnolo as I find the shimano system a little too clinical and smooth. Wilier bikes are just so sexy so for me it would win over the Scott.
  • Totally agree calpol,the izoard looks as if it should be twice the price. Must admit i like the riding position of the scott,maybe a bit more relaxed than than the wilier. Gonna take my time and try and pick the right one.