Planet X - Good Service

flashgorman
flashgorman Posts: 48
edited September 2012 in Road buying advice
The shift lever on my pro carbon stopped shifting down last week prompting me to test out the Planet X warranty service. Took the lever off and posted in back last Monday. Received an email to say it had arrived and been sent back to Sram. I then received a phone call on Friday to say a new shifter had been despatched.

This duly arrived on Monday and turned out to be a pair of brand new shifters complete with cables, etc.

I was a bit wary about buying my bike over the web but had heard good things about Planet X service wise and have to say that this was exactly how it worked in practice.

Comments

• Good stuff. I find Px are one of the good guys - never had a prob with them.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • mercia_man
    mercia_man Posts: 1,431
    I agree. I ordered a couple of PX carbon bottle cages and one was cracked due to poor packing. Replacement was quick and easy and I even got a personal email of explanation and apology from one of the bosses.

The occasional mistake or problem will occur with buying stuff online. The mark of a good company is how it deals with them.
  • I like their business model... they buy straight from the source and pass the huge discount to the buyer...

Anyone who manages to bypass the Madison blood suckers get my vote... 8)
    left the forum March 2023