Wilier Izoard XP Veloce 2013 opinions

dastrass
dastrass Posts: 61
edited September 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi all, just wondered if any one out there would like to share their views or opinions on this bike please. It's a bit more than i was looking to spend but could manage it at a push. Tanks

Comments

• It's a very good bike. I've been riding one since 2010 with a mix of Veloce and Centaur and it's done more miles than any of my bikes. Get one.
  • Thanks for the reply mr divide. After having a ride on one and liking it and asking a few in the know i've yet to hear a bad word said about these. It looks like i'll have to start working on a cunning plan to get my good lady in line with my biking needs.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    step up - there are cracking deals on the Cento Uno now the new 101 is launched - its a class apart
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • I am making a choice on a bike and it is high on the list. One of my LBS is De Vere and he was the ex British champion .......... lovely man and shop and he really praises it. Not his favourite but very high on his and my list.

You can haggle on the release price as well. The 2013 is due in the shops in a couple of months you can get deals on the 2011.
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    I bought a 2011 Veloce black with Petacchi decals in March - £500 less than the 2012 model.

I love it. Rides great and look fantastic.
  • Calpol
    Calpol Posts: 1,039
    I bought a Wilier Izoard XP with veloce this year and I adore it. Mine was second hand off the forums but you'd be hard pushed to distinguish it from new. I have done 1400 miles on it since May. Fantastic bike for me to get into the sport. I think check the spec on the wheels. Mine has Fulcrum 5 but I think they are supplying with Fulcrum 7's now. If it fits you I doubt you will regret having a Wilier. Only problem is- it wont be long before you want another one.
  • GGBiker
    GGBiker Posts: 450
    I am making a choice on a bike and it is high on the list. One of my LBS is De Vere and he was the ex British champion .......... lovely man and shop and he really praises it. Not his favourite but very high on his and my list.

You can haggle on the release price as well. The 2013 is due in the shops in a couple of months you can get deals on the 2011.

Who is telling you this re: release dates?

I bought the 2013 Izoard XP Veloce 2 months ago!
    Perhaps the shop you are speaking to won't have one until then but my LBS got me one within days in July, and its definitely the 2013 veloce model.
  • Really!

Mmm that is a bit cheeky of them. They have a brilliant reputation generally so I don't understand that. He even advised me to wait and not buy the previous model (in stock) as he thought I'd get a better bike for £1350 with the 2013. The proprietor is Maurice Burton former three times British champion and his eldest son is a reigning British Junior champion.

It must be when he had his new stock ordered for. I have bought bits and bobs from him for ages and you get wonderful friendly service from them.