Any Cube agree or peloton 53cm owners?

p1tse
p1tse Posts: 694
edited September 2012 in Road buying advice
What's your general size?
I've had a sit on 53cm and 56cm but don't really know. To be honest each shop which had them in were saying it would be fine. Just need a bit of guidance.
I'm 5ft8

53cm reach seemed a bit more control as shorter
56cm seemed fine but not sure if stretched
An inbetween would be nice lol

I really need to find a shop which has both in stock and being able to test side by side
Wanted: Cube Streamer/Agree GTC Compact / Pro/ Race : 53cm

Comments

• iPip
    iPip Posts: 90
    I've got an Agree GTC Pro in 53cm and I'm 5'7". I had a bike fit earlier in the year and the only thing we couldn't get setup ideally was the knee-cap over the pedal axle with the pedals level, everything else was fine. I think if I'd gone for the 56 then the knee/pedal would have been easier to align but something else would probably have to give. It all depends on the ratio of all your other measurements, but nothing short of a bespoke bike is likely to be spot on all round. Personally, I prefer to go for the smaller option if I'm between sizes.

Great bike though. Would buy another one in a heartbeat.
    Regards
    Pip

Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Hybrid Comp
    Voodoo Bantu
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Always go for the slightly smaller frame as you can do a lot with your reach with stems etc..
  • p1tse
    Thanks

Will try and get to lbs again
  • p1tse
    iPip wrote:
    I've got an Agree GTC Pro in 53cm and I'm 5'7". I had a bike fit earlier in the year and the only thing we couldn't get setup ideally was the knee-cap over the pedal axle with the pedals level, everything else was fine. I think if I'd gone for the 56 then the knee/pedal would have been easier to align but something else would probably have to give. It all depends on the ratio of all your other measurements, but nothing short of a bespoke bike is likely to be spot on all round. Personally, I prefer to go for the smaller option if I'm between sizes.

What sort of bike fit did you have?
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    I am not sure if this I any help but I had a 56cm peloton and I am 5'10. I always felt to stretched out no matter what I did to the set up. In hindsight I needed a frame around 52cm I would say.
  • p1tse
    Thanks
    No thats interesting. I'm not particular long in legs or upper body at 5ft8, so smaller than you so maybe the stretched on a 56cm too
  • iPip
    iPip Posts: 90
    p1tse wrote:
    iPip wrote:

What sort of bike fit did you have?
    BG fit at the local Specialized dealer.
    Regards
    Pip

Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Hybrid Comp
    Voodoo Bantu
  • p1tse wrote:
    What's your general size?
    I've had a sit on 53cm and 56cm but don't really know. To be honest each shop which had them in were saying it would be fine. Just need a bit of guidance.
    I'm 5ft8

53cm reach seemed a bit more control as shorter
    56cm seemed fine but not sure if stretched
    An inbetween would be nice lol

I really need to find a shop which has both in stock and being able to test side by side

53cm for me, I'm 5ft7 and its close to perfect.
  • p1tse
    Thanks
    What's the tallest rider on a 53cm cube and have they got custom stems etc.