Shimano SPD-SL pedals

alexw_onabtwin
alexw_onabtwin Posts: 3
edited September 2012 in Workshop
So just got some R540 SL pedals with the yellow cleats, and my mother's partner has decided to clip one of the cleats into my left pedal, without it even being put on the crank, or even a shoe for that matter! So now I am trying to get it out, but with no success.

I have set the cleat tension to the minimum, and pulling on the spring part, while twisting the cleat like you do when it is connected to the shoes.

Anyone got any ideas... SOMEONE HELP ME!

Comments

• haha, thats a real d'oh, bet that made your day.

Can't you just connct the pedal to the crank - and screw the shoe on. Ive set cleats before by having the cleats loose and tightening them whilst cleat and shoe are on the pedal.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • That ticked me off alright!

I'll give it a try, my shoes should arrive tomorrow, but by the looks of things I can set the front screw, but will have some difficulty setting the rear two, but I will give it a go! Thanks for the idea.
  • I did this a couple of weeks ago, I managed to uses spanner to twist the shoe against the pedal until it released but it was a lot harder than I expected.
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Make up a lever with a bit of scrap metal and drill holes in to correspond with the cleat holes so you can attach it.

Leverage is your friend.
    Yellow is the new Black.