Chinny to stay at RSNT

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited September 2012 in Pro race
It seems he tried to find out a way out, but there was none.

Happy team eh?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• #FreetheChinnyOne
  • News of its own? Not the transfer thread?

The squad is looking fine for next year to my disbelief.

I cant believe I still have to put up with those photos of him in black and red though for another year.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Find it strange that he couldn't move. Was he demanding too much salary? Is he still in contract with a release fee that needs paying? I would have thought teams would have been tripping over each other to sign him.
  • Quote "Lawyers tried to find loopholes in contract but found none"

So release clauses with fees are not automatically baked into contracts, meaning that if a team really doesnt want to let you go, and you try to, you're in breach.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Sad times.
  • It really is. And you just know that he'll be the one bringing in most of the wins next year to that shower of a management/ownership set up
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    I assume he was paid this season then? I would have thought any rider not being paid would have had an instant get out clause.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    When's JB going to have his USADA hearing? Maybe if he gets kicked out of the sport and they get a new DS in, things will be better next year.
  • I'm suprised that Radio Shack, Nissan and Trek don't want out.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I reckon jf's ideas is his best hope. But he ll be fine, all of his rides are basically on his own anyway, he can sit behind Tommeke for the rest of the race

If there is anyone that knows how to lock a cyclist into a contract it would be sodding Bruneeyl though would nt it?!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • johnfinch wrote:
    When's JB going to have his USADA hearing? Maybe if he gets kicked out of the sport and they get a new DS in, things will be better next year.

The hearing has to be held by/before Nov, according to the USADA. Reckon Bruyneel and the others are going to bail at the last minute (and get their lifetime bans anyway)
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Bollocks.
  • Milton50 wrote:
    Bollocks.

?
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    That was my response to the news not your post :)
  • Interesting listening to the Tour Chats podcast with Gary FIsher. Not at all complimentary of the RSNT setup. Would seem that Trek aren't happy. Trek are looking at sponsoring another team when their pinarello contract is up too.
  • Lichtblick
    Lichtblick Posts: 1,434
    OK, who is Chinny?

Out of this lot? : http://www.radioshacknissantrek.com/team

At a guess, Cancellara?
  • Interesting listening to the Tour Chats podcast with Gary FIsher. Not at all complimentary of the RSNT setup. Would seem that Trek aren't happy. Trek are looking at sponsoring another team when their pinarello contract is up too.

Trek should reconsider how in bed they are with Armstrong -that would be effort well spent
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,123
    Bugger.....I was hoping he'd leave, and go to a team were he'd get support in the Classics....
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."