llandegla b-line

danlightbulb
danlightbulb Posts: 701
edited October 2012 in Routes
Hi guys,

Anyone have any advice as to what the B-Line is like at Degla?

Ive been before, did some of the blacks but not the B-Line. The reason we avoided it is that when we got to it, the sign at the start said it was 'extreme' and that it contained gap jumps. I have viewed a vid on you tube and it doesn't look too bad, but hard to tell from vids sometimes. I dont want to find myself having to leap 6 ft gaps.

Thanks
Dan

Comments

• It's all easily rollable. Juts hold back a bit on your first run as some of the lipped tabletops can launch you. People can and do get hurt.
    Canyon Nerve XC7
    Carrera Fury
    Specialized Secteur Elite
    Planet X Uncle John
  • Yeah I did hold back, didn't really leave the ground on any of the jumps, still good though!

Only wish I hadn't bothered trying the skills area before I went home, came a cropper off the level 3 drop offs now I'm hurting lol :(
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I came off right at the start of the B-Line, just where you drop onto the North Shore, but all my fault as I braked when I shouldn't. There is a little surprise drop at the end of the North Shore too. Otherwise it's all rollable for someone with not many skills (me).
  • Just back from there this weekend and can confirm it's all very rideable, keep your weight back and stay loose and it's fine.
    Music, beer, sport, repeat...
  • its the best bit, mint!!
  • Very nasty if you come off at speed lol

Just home after spending the afternoon in Wrexham a & e - luckily only got a severely sprained shoulder and mild concussion!

Thanks to anyone who stopped to help - very much appreciated!
  • Group of us are going over to Llandegla next Sunday .... road the B line once before, but took it steady as it was the first time, But hopefully going to hit it a bit faster this time :)
  • DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    If you turn right at the fire road crossing at the bottom - just after the short rocky bit before you go through the trees - you can ride about 5 mins up the fireroad, then you'll see the start of the boardwalk section on your right and can do it all over again :)
  • I hired a HeroHD Pro when I was up there a couple of weeks ago. Some footage on my youtube channel -

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidrichards1301?feature=mhee