Cube road bikes

dastrass
dastrass Posts: 61
edited September 2012 in Road buying advice
Just after some opinions on cube road bikes.Looking to spend about £1000 but might stretch to £1200 at a push. This will be my first road bike so i'm not looking for an out and out race bike.Thanks

Comments

• Ive got a Cube Agree Gtc Race and its superb, cant fault it.

However, theres probably no point asking anyone what they think as within 4 or 5 responses someone is bound to tell you the following.
    1. They are ok
    2. They arent as good as make "x"
    3. Have you tried make "x" instead
    4. Go off on a complete tangent and force you to look at buying the front end of a Cube the back end of a Cannondale and glueing them together.

At the end of it you'll be none the wiser and should just have trusted your gut instincts. Bottom line is, do your research, get a try if you can (they sell Cubes in Wheelbase in the Lake District near Kendal) and buy whats right for you and above all, enjoy it.
    Good luck :D
  • i so want one of these, Agree GTC Pro, just wish they were that wee bit cheaper :D
  • I've just bought a Cube Agree which was priced at the upper end of your budget, and to echo greentea's sentiments - it is an amazing bike. If you're concerned about it being too 'racy' - dont worry, it's not.

Presumably as you're specifically asking about Cube, you've done some research and quite rightly concluded that they're excellent bikes and fantastic value for money. I suggest going to check some out - it's a bit of a trek for you, but I got mine from Infinity Cycles in Durham who I recommend highly. They have a really good range, and they're a Cube 'life' dealer (not really sure what that involves other than having better than average stock). They also have some 2012 bikes on sale now:

http://infinity-cycles.co.uk/shop/
  • thanks for tempting me even more, lol
  • ads2k
    ads2k Posts: 135
    I love mine as well :D Cube Agree GTC Race.

But, be quick if you still want a great bike with superb spec as 2013 bikes have the prices changed and spec's have gone DOWN.... :(
  • ads2k wrote:
    But, be quick if you still want a great bike with superb spec as 2013 bikes have the prices changed and spec's have gone DOWN.... :(

Yeah - I noticed that. My 2012 Agree has 105 groupset, the equivalent 2013 bike has Tiagra... but I suppose you could argue that this year's Tiagra has improvements that make it closer in quality to last year's 105. Maybe.
  • ads2k wrote:
    I love mine as well :D Cube Agree GTC Race.

Yes spot on, get one now if you can a 2012 model as the 2013 range (no doubt still great machines) have been slightly specced down in some areas. Mines full Ultegra but the 2013 model has swapped a few bits out of that. The full Ultegra 2013 version is now a step up and about £500 more!

Also ive noticed the Di2 Agree in 2012 (blue,white,black frame) was anything from £2300 to £2500 the 2013 version which mainly looks like new paint is £2800!!

Get a 2012 model, dont hesitate, you will not regret it and they look the nuts in the flesh, pictures dont do them justice.
  • mlefa30 wrote:
    i so want one of these, Agree GTC Pro, just wish they were that wee bit cheaper :D

treat yourself, you only live once! :D
  • Aye, too right, will use that arguement to the wife
  • I agree (excuse the pun) with all the comments above. Just go with your gut feeling and don't listen to others too much. Remember, you're the one who'll be riding the bike.

Cube's are highly regarded bikes. Great frames, specs, looks and performance. I was in the same position as you recently as I was also looking for my first road bike after 2+ years on a boardman hybrid (up for sale soon if anyone's interested). I finally pulled the trigger on a Peloton SL (compact) and took it for its first ride this evening. It was only 12 miles, however, it did have to cope with the rough roads of S.E London/East London. Wow, what a bike. Smooth as butter.

Anyway, as other posters have mentioned, the 2013 specs are down on 2012's and personally I wasn't too keen on the colour scheme anyway. So if you're having problems gettng your hands on a 2012 model from a UK retailer, then I highly recommend these guys www.mhw-bike.com

I got my Peleton (that everywhere else, and I mean everywhere else in the UK had sold out of long ago) for £960 including shipping from Germany. The SL's RRP is £1169 so it was a huge saving. She arrived today after only 4 days and I can't fault MHW for their customer service.
    Reporter: "What's your prediction for the fight?"
    Clubber Lang: "Prediction?"
    Reporter: "Yes. Prediction"
    Clubber Lang: "....Pain!!!"
  • Thanks for all the Positive comments guys. Will be getting my act together to decide which model to go for. I'm buying it on the cycle to work scheme so i'm limited as to where i can buy it from.
  • Gabbo
    Gabbo Posts: 864
    dastrass wrote:
    Just after some opinions on cube road bikes.Looking to spend about £1000 but might stretch to £1200 at a push.

I was initially looking to spend around £700, then my budget went up to £900, then £1100, then £1200, and then I decided to purchase a bike that cost £1500.

Be very, very careful ;-)
  • Ride hard wrote:
    I agree (excuse the pun) with all the comments above. Just go with your gut feeling and don't listen to others too much. Remember, you're the one who'll be riding the bike.

Cube's are highly regarded bikes. Great frames, specs, looks and performance. I was in the same position as you recently as I was also looking for my first road bike after 2+ years on a boardman hybrid (up for sale soon if anyone's interested). I finally pulled the trigger on a Peloton SL (compact) and took it for its first ride this evening. It was only 12 miles, however, it did have to cope with the rough roads of S.E London/East London. Wow, what a bike. Smooth as butter.

Anyway, as other posters have mentioned, the 2013 specs are down on 2012's and personally I wasn't too keen on the colour scheme anyway. So if you're having problems gettng your hands on a 2012 model from a UK retailer, then I highly recommend these guys http://www.mhw-bike.com

I got my peloton (that everywhere else, and I mean everywhere else in the UK had sold out of long ago) for £960 including shipping from Germany. The SL's RRP is £1169 so it was a huge saving. She arrived today after only 4 days and I can't fault MHW for their customer service.

Pleased for you, that Peloton is a lovely bit of kit and looks more expensive than its price. Although i was looking to spend a bit more i almost went for the Peloton simply because it looks and rides great.

Got a bargain there! Enjoy
  • Gabbo wrote:
    dastrass wrote:
    Just after some opinions on cube road bikes.Looking to spend about £1000 but might stretch to £1200 at a push.

I was initially looking to spend around £700, then my budget went up to £900, then £1100, then £1200, and then I decided to purchase a bike that cost £1500.

Be very, very careful ;-)

+1 :D

I did the same thing, had a budget of £1200 then i saw the bikes....then the £1500 model....then the £1800 model which i then bought. The Mrs had a face like a cats ars* at this point, but shes quickly forgiven me as ive promised her a baby :D