Chains and Sprockets Help

jasonpointer
jasonpointer Posts: 2
edited September 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello All,

I have a Black Market mob frame and last year i had built a new set of wheels but now I’m struggling to find the right setup for me.

I have the NS Bikes Coaster Pro MKII Single speed Rear Hub and i want to know if the KMC Kool Knight BMX Chain will fit on it? If so what sprocket should i have for my DMR Cult cranks? I want to try the Odyssey C-512 Chase Hawk BMX Sprocket but will it fit?
My prefer ratio is 10t/26t or 28t (old wheels ratio was 14t/28t) I don’t mind pedalling fast as i used to do a lot of BMX racing back in my days.

Downsides! I don’t want to go for Shadow Conspiracy Interlock V2 Half Link cos i had 5 of them so far and snapped and stretched all of them and this 6th replacement is starting to creek. On my old wheels I used to have the Wippermann BMX 1G8 and stretched 3 of them. (I tend to push a lot of torque but can’t help it)
This is what I’m riding to give you an idea what I’m after…

457891_392800204073518_582756947_o.jpg
470262_392800317406840_1957318176_o.jpg

Thank you
*Sorry for my wording cos I’m just a deaf guy and took me 30mins to type all this out but I blame the old school days

Comments

• Can't help with your sprocket/ratio issues...

....cool bike though 8)
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    most likely the answer is yes as i guess the chain is 1/8" inch?

1/8" chain will work with all cog widths. but you could most likely up your cogs to 1/8" if they are not already.

so time to start looking at what you have fitted.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Not what I'd ride, but that look is uber-cool - respect!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.