Trek 2008 Madone 5.2 Road Bike re-sale value?

johnsonmoog
johnsonmoog Posts: 51
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
Hiya - advice needed for possible sale of a Trek Madone 5.2, 2008 model. I've replaced the wheels with Campagnolo Neutron Ultra's, shod with Continental Gatorskins, and changed the groupset from the original Ultegra to SRAM Force. The saddle is a Specialized Romin. Aside from a couple of very minor dings on the frame it pretty much looks as good as new. Any ideas on what sort of price I should ask?

I've seen various prices on Ebay, from around £650 (in bids), up to an asking price of £1,250 or so on another bike. Those were as bought, so no changes to finishing kit or changes.

Hope you can help.

Comments

• Apart from the obvious advice of watching as many auctions as you can for similar bikes, you might also consider splitting the bike up and selling the parts individually, as this can often make more money.
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    If its any help I recently sold my 2005 frame Madone 5.9 fitted with full Ultegra 6700 groupset (2009), Bontrager Racelite X wheels, Bontrager XXX bars, Ultremo tyres, Shimano Ultegra pedals, Selle Italia saddle and Bontrager X lite finishing kit on eBay. Started it at £900 with no reserve but Buy it Now at £1250.

Had 90 people watching it 3 days into a 7 day auction. First bid took away the Buy it now option and it eventually sold for £1320!

I would think you should expect around £800 for your bike as described and possibly up to £1000.

It all is about timing with EBay
    Good luck
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4