Cube Peloton Pro 2013

bigtallandheavy
bigtallandheavy Posts: 40
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi

I have been MTBing for about 6 months but have decided to sell my trek 6000 2011/12 hard tail - 21.5 inch frame if anyone is interested - 6 months old and rarely used!

Anyhoo I have been searching for a road bike so I can head out with friends and keep up. I have unsuccessfully been trying to locate a Cube Agree in 64 inch frame size - I am big....

The new cube range has appeared on the website today I have been eyeing up the below bike as a starting point and would be really grateful for your thoughts and opinions.

http://www.cube.eu/road/road-race/peloton-pro/

Not sure if tiagra is a good group set - would prefer aluminium to carbon as it makes me nervous, I am 17.5 stone

Any advice would be much appreciated have 1k ish to spend having gone mad on CRC a d but loads of bits in anticipation of bike order.

Thanks!

Comments

• Forgot to add planning a few 10-15 milers to get warmed up and then really need to get training for a charity race in may - it will be very long, will the bike be suitable, thanks again
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Hi

I have been MTBing for about 6 months but have decided to sell my trek 6000 2011/12 hard tail - 21.5 inch frame if anyone is interested - 6 months old and rarely used!

Anyhoo I have been searching for a road bike so I can head out with friends and keep up. I have unsuccessfully been trying to locate a Cube Agree in 64 inch frame size - I am big....

The new cube range has appeared on the website today I have been eyeing up the below bike as a starting point and would be really grateful for your thoughts and opinions.

http://www.cube.eu/road/road-race/peloton-pro/

Not sure if tiagra is a good group set - would prefer aluminium to carbon as it makes me nervous, I am 17.5 stone

Any advice would be much appreciated have 1k ish to spend having gone mad on CRC a d but loads of bits in anticipation of bike order.

Thanks!

Hi BT&H - Been looking at Cube bikes as well for a 2nd bike...Currently ride a 64cm Colnago CARBON never had any problems with it....as for the Tiagra everyone kinda starts off with a "entry level" group and then they upgrade ....Never used Shimano i'm a Campag man :D ...people have said that the new ultegra group works just as good as Dura Ace (not the electronic one).
  • Thanks G67 I could look to stretch to a new cube with ultegra but will I really feel the difference in shifts and braking ability!?

Is it wrong that I want it to have blue on it....... In fact I know the answer to that but the rest are red for which due to football reasons I have big issues!

Bike weighs 9kg overall, is that heavy or light?? Not that it matters with my weight on it I'm sure
  • Gazzetta67
    Thanks G67 I could look to stretch to a new cube with ultegra but will I really feel the difference in shifts and braking ability!?

Is it wrong that I want it to have blue on it....... In fact I know the answer to that but the rest are red for which due to football reasons I have big issues!

Bike weighs 9kg overall, is that heavy or light?? Not that it matters with my weight on it I'm sure

I could NEVER ride a Red,White,& Blue frame were i live.....tho blue on a bike looks ok....ive sat on the Cube agree in blue from last year and it looks not bad...Yes you would notice the feel from a cheaper groupset going up to a mid...then going further up to the top end stuff........9lbs is not to bad for a 64cm entry level bike...mines weighs 17.5 lbs.
  • It says 9kg on web i imagine it is heavier in biggest frame size....... Any other easily available options that could tempt me away from cube? It's hard to find 62/64 frames
  • Gazzetta67
    It says 9kg on web i imagine it is heavier in biggest frame size....... Any other easily available options that could tempt me away from cube? It's hard to find 62/64 frames
    Your Team doesnt play in green & white 8) ....Canyon do bikes up to 66cm www.canyon.com - German as are Cube....so kinda efficient just like their national football team.
  • Like the look of the canyons and the spec - unfortunately I am going for 50% down and 50% finance so buying / ordering outright from canyon can't be done - could save I suppose and hold on but need to get training. Might post to see if anyone has a large road bike for sale cheapie to train on through winter