Cervelo s2 di2?

daj
daj Posts: 139
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
Hope no one minds me starting a new topic but looking for a more specic reply

I am looking at buying a Cervelo s2 di2 as my new main bike, I have done lots of googling but lots of conflicting information regarding comfort/harshness to its great all day in the saddle?

Any actual owners here that can comment? I cannot answer my own worries by spinning round a shop car park?

For me the bike will be for club rides and eventully some longer sportives and general stomping around , My main riding ground is the Cotswolds where the general road conditons is not that great.
When I did a fitting 3 years ago I was told I ride quite natually low and aggressive :? but have found my current 5200 starting to make my back ache over 40 odd miles (putting this down to be a tad to small and having big drop from saddle to bars?)

Am I barking up the wrong tree with this choice?

Any feedback will be great

cheers

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    I've had a 2010 (pre cheaper version) S2 and love it. Its not uncomfortable...far from it...its as comfortable as my Look 586 ISP thought my Trek Madone 6.5 is slightly more compliant. What it is tho is blisteringly fast and a perfect combination of speed, BB stiffness and comfort...highly recommended :D
  • turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    oh forgot to say its a race bike simple as....R3 or R5 would probably suit your needs better :D
  • daj
    hmmm problem is the r3 or r5 is not on special offer of 3k ?
  • Hi

I recently bought an R5 with Di2. I moved from a Roubaix which is supposed to be very comfortable

The R5 is quicker - Beat all my time by minutes. The ride is smooth and I did a 90km bike ride last Sunday. 4hrs in the saddle with no real issues, other than my legs were a little stiff. Not bad given that I am 45 and probably carrying a few extra kgs :-)

I have to say. I am seriously impressed with the Cervelo. I love the acceleration + climbing hills is easier. I recently went up Bison hill, 10% for 1mile

Cheers
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I had an S2, now have an R3. I prefer the R3, it's stiffer (in the right way) than the S2 but smoother. A LOT smoother.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • And just to help, I had an R3 and now have an S2 and prefer the S2.

Just shows there's no 'right' answer :)
    It doesn't get any easier, but I don't appear to be getting any faster.
  • daj
    And just to help, I had an R3 and now have an S2 and prefer the S2.

Just shows there's no 'right' answer :)

All positive though noone has said its a uncomfortable race bike avoid for day riding like the plague!!