planet x feedback

poynedexter
poynedexter Posts: 283
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
i've only today become aware of planet x as a bike manufacturer. with a possible budget of £1500 -£2000 to spend on a race bike for next year. bearing in mind i want to do a few road races, tt's and an odd sportive, how would planet x stack up against the big brands like giant or cannondale.

the range looks impressive and good value, but how have you guys found them?

Comments

• amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Planet X don't make bikes - they use generic frames same as most 'manufacturers'. Having said that they can be good value for money, but not at the claimed RRP. I've had a few bikes from them over the years and have never paid anything near the RRP. I doubt they sell many at all at their RRP, but you will get more for your money than you'll get with the likes of Specialized if you buy when they have them at 'sale' price. For example, I picked up a Nanolight a couple of years back for less than £1500 with mostly SRAM Red and top finishing kit (carbon stem and bars, FSA carbon seatpost and cranks).
    More problems but still living....
  • ah ok, they assemble/ build bikes then. would a dale super six 105 @ £1350 be a better buy than a planet x machine @ £1500 in general for racing? silly Q i know! :oops:
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I'm sure you'd be happy with either.
    More problems but still living....