Cycling jersey recommendations?

markc1984
markc1984 Posts: 44
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi all,
I have £50 max to spend on a cycling jersey and was wondering if you had any particular recommendations or decent price reductions going at the moment? I know it's not much to play with but unfortunately money is rather tight at the moment.

Cheers!

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,301
    For that money, Torm jerseys in sportwool are the best money can buy
    left the forum March 2023
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    have a look at the bargains on prendas

pbk do an own brand ss jersey that is not expensive and good quality
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • DrDavros
    DrDavros Posts: 62
    + 1 for Torm - excellent value, well-made and nicely understated. Perfect for this time of year, too (and into Sept / Oct with a base layer). Their striped arm warmers are very nice, too, BTW.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228

+1 - very, very good for the cash.

Alternatively, 50 quid gets you a great jersey and you can support a good cause here:

viewtopic.php?f=40012&t=12865268
    FCN 3 / 4
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092

+1 I have reccommended Torm on a number of occasions on this forum. I have found that the only negative are the pockets which are not quite deep or elastic enough for real security of the contents.
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,301
    Coach H wrote:

+1 I have reccommended Torm on a number of occasions on this forum. I have found that the only negative are the pockets which are not quite deep or elastic enough for real security of the contents.

Not the widest, but with careful packing... yesterday I had two spare tubes, a light rain coat, a mobile phone, a cereal bar, house keys and a mini pump in my pockets...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Thanks for the recommendations guys, very helpful! Those Torm jerseys really do look the business, can't believe I hadn't known about them up until now!

I'm after a black and white jersey but it seems most of the range are out of stock in my usual size (L) which is a bit of a nuisance! :(

Is the fitting guide generally accurate? I've found some manufacturers to be well out so you have to get a size larger than usual.
  • DrDavros
    DrDavros Posts: 62
    edited August 2012
    Appears to be a bit of a Torm fan club on here!

Their fitting guide is spot on for me. 40 inch chest (5ft 8") and I wear a Large Torm (and just about every other European jersey). They are marginally larger than the Giordana jerseys I wear when its very hot (also size L but very much a "race cut").
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Coach H wrote:

Not the widest, but with careful packing... yesterday I had two spare tubes, a light rain coat, a mobile phone, a cereal bar, house keys and a mini pump in my pockets...

Ah yes, but was it all there when you got back? :lol:
    This summer a route map, a golf ball sized piece of Soreen wrapped in tin foil, a ZipVit gel and a Prendas casquette have all been donated to the Lincolnshire countryside without my agreement!! :roll:
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • GGBiker
    GGBiker Posts: 450
    I bought a black and white Altura jersey last week from wiggle, £23.99.

Arrived yesterday, good fit and looks great. I've generally found Altura to be reliable if not the most exciting.
  • velohutts
    velohutts Posts: 288
    Just tried a new torm top today , very good , not rapha but half the price , sizing is 'real' sizes as described above 40 chest would fit a large 38 a medium.
    First ride out and would happily buy another on cost basis but would buy the rapha one for the little 'extra' or that it fits me perfectly.
    Good luck with whichever choice you go for , the sportwool does allow for more than 1 use without leaving an aroma in your wake !!!
    Enigma Esprit Di2 - Go tI ! Summer !
  • Anybody know of any jersey brands that are quite long I am 6'5 and quite wide too!
  • Just ordered a Torm T7 jersey in black and white, it looks quite nice!

How long do they usually take to despatch their goods? Looks like the weather will be relatively nice over the coming weekend so it'd be great to try it out then. :)