Trek Domane

Barrzy257
Barrzy257 Posts: 411
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
Anybody own or rode one of these? I'm mainly interested in the 5.9 but the isospeed is across the range, I think the concept seem great but i am able worried that the dampening will maybe be to much? I am definitely going to get a test ride on one soon, but just wondered why your folks feedback was?
Cheers

Comments

• I'm very old fashioned with the view 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. Of course with improvements in technology and materials there will always be new benefits to be found, but if this is so groundbraking why hasn't it been done before? Whatever Trek may say in their advertising blurb, it must add a weak point to the frame. I may be wrong (I usually am), but give it a couple of years and it'll probably disappear until its next reincarnation.
    I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
    Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
    Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
    Trek Madone - Carbon
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I think cancellara rides one ? If it's good enough for him I'm sure it's fine for mortals.

http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com ... ek-domane/
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    shame no further responses as I'm interested in this also. My LBS has just suggested I look at one, and will be road testing in mid-September. Will be interesting to see how it goes. LBS owner has already ridden a test bike and it was awesome on our crap roads but still climbed really well. sounds just like what I'm after to replace my Roubaix (bit too soft) and the alloy Boardman(bit too harsh). My other option is titanium I guess....will be fun trying them out though!
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • Barrzy257
    Barrzy257 Posts: 411
    Yea was hoping for a few more replies to, will have to look into a test ride soon. It does seem like its the perfect bike for me, I also need to try a Ti bike!
  • cougie wrote:
    I think cancellara rides one ? If it's good enough for him I'm sure it's fine for mortals. /
    Don't forget Cancellara is paid to ride one!
    I'm not getting old... I'm just using lower gears......
    Sirius - Steel Reynolds 631
    Cove Handjob - Steel Columbus Nivacrom
    Trek Madone - Carbon
  • I'm sure Trek have done their homework on the design, but purely being new, I'd be inclined to wait around for a year or two before investing, just in case any issues arise.

Do try a ti bike if you can. I had a 2007 Madone and wanted more comfort and found a Van Nicholas Astraeus reduced at a nearby shop. I bought it with the idea of it being my comfort bike, whilst using the Madone for faster rides. The Astraeus is phenomenal - I've not ridden the Trek in the 2 years I've had the VN. Yes, it's heavier, and possibly marginally slower, but the comfort is massively improved. I'll happily ride this for 4/5 hours a day for weeks on end, couldn't do that with the Madone.