PX model B/Novatec Freehub

carbon337
carbon337 Posts: 414
edited August 2012 in Workshop
Where can i buy a new freehub body - Novatec A freehub according to the diagrams.

PX no longer supplying and i have a perfectly decent wheel needing a new body, its not chewed it's the pawls that are all rusty and worn.

Shame to discard the wheel for this.

Appreciate any links or does anyone have a spare?

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    If you google Novatec hubs, you should be able to find the right part number and UK stockists. Ambrosio hubs are also made by Novatec - Riva Sport Industries are UK distributors. Worst case scenario is having to buy a complete hub (Ebay) and swapping them over - fortunately they are pretty cheap.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Ambrosio freehubs are more expensive than novotec ones. PM me the hub details, I probably have one or can get one.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Dave Hunt from DCR Wheels can supply them for £22 each.

Alternatively, if you're getting damage to the splines from the sprockets, Novatec manufacture a version with a steel spline; I have only been able to get mine from abroad; I haven't fitted it yet though.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,301
    Ask John at SDEALS, they normally have a few in stock.
    Alternatively you can source it from BDOP Cycling straight from taiwan... the owner Tim is British, so no problems with misunderstandings or scam sites
    left the forum March 2023