rolling resistance

Sharpe2002
Sharpe2002 Posts: 36
edited August 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
post clean up after a ride yesterday i noticed that some numpty put my rear tire on the wrong way around (according to the arrow on it anyway) would this cause added resistance when riding? they are Schwalbe Smart Sam's

logically this makes sense to me, but when looking at the tire the tread doesnt seem different either direction

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Must have been designed to do its job best one way. But how will you know unless you try it the other way.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    In the time you've spent thinking about it you could have just put it on the right way.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    I have run mtb inverted treads the wrong way round for a bit more skid grip on rear (dmr moto type)

but normally they are the right way round
  • ha, yeh probably could have but its currently holding air and tubes generally HATE me. seriously lol i will swap it around and the tube will go pop
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Sharpe2002 wrote:
    ha, yeh probably could have but its currently holding air and tubes generally HATE me. seriously lol i will swap it around and the tube will go pop
    er...
    Then ask your daddy nicely to change it for you.
    Or not. Some tyres have a marked diffeerence in behaviour one way or the other, others... not so much.