routes around bath?

teddybill
teddybill Posts: 2
edited November 2012 in Routes
hi guys, i live in Bath up in combedown (near the uni). i was just wondering if any of you lot new any good trails/routes around the Bath area? Thing is i seem to cycle ALOT on the canal path, which is ok but does get quite boring to be honest :? so i was just wondering if you guys could maybe give me a few fresh ideas!? :)

Comments

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    If you head out south towards Midford you can start threading the byways and bridleways together. Failing that, north to Bathampton and Box. I recall there being some ok routes around there, too.

For the full Peter Gabriel effect there's a loop I did years back around Solsbury Hill, Chillcoombe Bottom and Holts Down.

I used to head out around Englishcoombe, Priston, Timsbury etc, but thats t'other side of Bath from yourself.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • start at bathford browns folly(pepperpothill) it takes you accross the bradford road (sallyinthe woods) when you get in to the woods above the canal there are a few berms and jumps pretty good for a few hours ride, it brings you out on the canal about 10 mins ride from bathhampton