bike suggestions upto £2000

jimborugby
jimborugby Posts: 10
edited August 2012 in Road buying advice
hi i could do with some help. ive got a cube road bike which is to small so want to get a new bike but dont know what to go for. ive got upto £2000 to spend, if i dont have to spend that much it would be great. im a rugby player and will be using the bike in the week for fitness and sunday mornings so loosen me up after playing on a saturady. im pretty heavy at 15.5 stonne and 5.9ft tall. can anyone suggest what to go for because there is so many bikes out there im confused.
ive heard good things about the canyon bikes, what do people think?

thank you

Comments

• Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Are you looking for a whole bike, or a new frame that you can then transfer all of the cube parts on to??
  • a new bike, im going to sell the cube
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    this if it fits with 20% off its under 2 grand.

http://www.royles.biz/product/10506/Cer ... l_BlackRed
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Any bike over - ooh £700 or so should be fine for you. Once you get past a grand or so its diminishing returns.
    What you do need to do is find a decent bike shop. How come your bike is too small for you

Get to a decent LBS and any bike that fits you will be much better than a 2k bike that doesn't.

Its pointless me pointing out bikes if your shop doesn't do them.
  • cougie wrote:
    Any bike over - ooh £700 or so should be fine for you. Once you get past a grand or so its diminishing returns.
    What you do need to do is find a decent bike shop. How come your bike is too small for you

Get to a decent LBS and any bike that fits you will be much better than a 2k bike that doesn't.

Its pointless me pointing out bikes if your shop doesn't do them.

because i brought off ebay really cheap just to see if i liked road biking before spending proper money on a bike. i knew i would get my money back on the cube because it had only been used once when i brought it and it was nearly half price. i really lucky where i live i can get most bike makes around