forum registration nightmare

john10012
john10012 Posts: 47
I am certain I registered on the Bike Radar forum previously however I forgot my password so I tried to do the reset using my username and email address I thought I registered with. It didn't like it and said Either of them was wrong. I tried all the possible email addresses I could have signed up with but it didn't like any of them.

So I then read the FAQ which said to contact an Administrator if I was having problems like this. The only trouble is that when I click on an Administrator of the forum in the list it takes me back to the screen to login! Arrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

So now I have had to re-registered with a different username to the one I would normally use and believe I previously registered with, which it is unlikely that anyone else would have taken or used as it's quite unique. What I nightmare.

Also this image verification is dreadful and even people with excellent eyesight like myself find it difficult to guess what the heck it actually says in those verification images! This is not a criticism of Bike Radar but practically every bugger out there is using image verification especially the Google Re-Captcha one which is particularly bad. Clearly they haven't thought about people who don't have superman eyesight, and also don't subscribe to the Plain English Campaign.

Okay, that is the end of my feedback/mini-rant.

Cheers,

John

Comments