press fit bottom bracket

dan man
dan man Posts: 68
edited August 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
can i tighten the grub screws on my crank by hand or do i need a torke rench i have a press fit bottom bracket

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Eh? What has any of that got to do with each other? What cranks?
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    What cranks? What BB.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • dan man
    ok sorry i will try agin :oops: can i tighten the two screws on my crank by hand or do i need a torke rench. :?
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    You could use both a torque wrench or suitable spanner or key. But I have no idea what you have.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    dan man wrote:
    ok sorry i will try agin :oops: can i tighten the two screws on my crank by hand or do i need a torke rench. :?
    Again. This forum has not been fitted with the ESP upgrade. If it had we would know exactly what cranks you have and which bolts your are on about.

Is it a BMX press fit BB?
    is it a GXP press fit?
    Or a BB30 pressfit?
    Or one of the shimano press fit standards?

Guessing the shimano one? Yes you can do it by hand doing each bolt a bit at a time just make sure you don't go to far. The bearing preload is a bit more critical as you dont want to crush the bearings but there is not this issue on some of the other press fit designs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • dan man
    sorry agin :oops: yes it is shimano. i know i made that a bit confusing :oops: thats the answer i was lookin for :D thank you