Backpack?

scottbramwell
scottbramwell Posts: 78
edited August 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys, in looking to buy a new backpack as mine has seen better days. But war should I get? I currently have one which fastens to my waist. And I wouldn't mind another one of them. But the camelbak bags are tempting me with the bladders. Only problem is when I've had a drink of a friends it always feels warm and I like having a cold drink. Any body care to help me with this matter? Be much appreciated.
Whyte 801
The destination is not as important as the journey!!

Comments

• camelback bladders have a large opening - easily big enough to tip a few ice cubes in. Also they fit quite a few other makes of bag, my current fave is a dueter race

http://www.deutergb.co.uk/products/all/ ... r_race/10/
  • I've had a couple of camelbaks, which have all been great, but I have to say I absolutely LOVE my Ergon BX2.

It's just a question of wether or not you can justify the price.
  • now that's nice. Added to my wish list.
  • jeannot18
    jeannot18 Posts: 720
    Hey guys, in looking to buy a new backpack as mine has seen better days. But war should I get? I currently have one which fastens to my waist. And I wouldn't mind another one of them. But the camelbak bags are tempting me with the bladders. Only problem is when I've had a drink of a friends it always feels warm and I like having a cold drink. Any body care to help me with this matter? Be much appreciated.
    If it is going to be a warm day (?) I always put some ice cube and then put the bladder in the fridge. Pick it up the next day and the drink is quite cold for the next 2 to 4 hours, and drinkable for longer after that even if it is not ice cold.
    JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • Cheers guys.
    Whyte 801
    The destination is not as important as the journey!!
  • compo
    compo Posts: 1,370
    I think my Camelbak Mule is excellent. It can fit loads in if its a long day or can pack down really small for a quick blast. It's pricey mind, £80ish I think, I managed to get mine for half of that from Merlin merlincycles.co.uk.

They often have Camelbaks and the like on sale so worth a look (Camelbak clearance on left hand side).
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Dakine ac nomad 3 l fit so much in to it also helmet pocket
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2