Mapping / GPS

simonm8
simonm8 Posts: 25
edited July 2012 in Road buying advice
Hi all, im a little bit confused with this GPS computers etc so hoping someone can help..

Basically i want a device where i could say go onto British cycling page, define a route or download one of the already defined routes.. says something about a .GPX file.. put on the device and set off, with it telling me where to go when, as per the route i have put on, rather than me stopping every 5 mins looking at a printed map to what road i have to turn left right etc

And one have any ideas, by looks of it i gather only the garmin 800 does this?.. i may be wrong.. i know the 500 does courses so could i load a course onto that? would it tell me when to turn or not?
Thanks

Comments

• bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    The 800 will do it and show you a map ebut the 500 will only give arrows and no map. You'd be surprised how helpful the visual can be when at a road junction though. That's not the only difference and I believe there is another gps unit from Bryton that does the same, so you should look at them and work out which suits pure needs.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...