Olympic Road Race: Box Hill: A few pics.

RideOnTime
RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
edited August 2012 in Pro race
Just a few pics from Box Hill;

http://d2ride.co.uk/London-2012-Olympics.php

:D

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Couldn't you have added this to one of the other 50 threads on the ORR, rather than start a new one?
  • RideOnTime
    Couldn't you have added this to one of the other 50 threads on the ORR, rather than start a new one?

don't get so angry. The suns shining get out on your bike and smile at everyone.

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    RideOnTime wrote:
    don't get so angry. The suns shining get out on your bike and smile at everyone.

I'm not angry, sorry if it came across that way. You can see how many ORR threads there are already, it's a pain to keep track of what's been posted where with so many threads on the same topic.
  • RideOnTime
    ok. It was a great race. The atmosphere on Box Hill was as good as a TdF stage and the support for Team GB was huge. What a great day for the sport - despite the result.

:P
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    I was so tempted to start another post in order to put this photo up................ :mrgreen:
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    natrix wrote:
    I was so tempted to start another post in order to put this photo up................ :mrgreen:

I see you've put the caption as 'germany on the front'. Is that the Algerian rider just ahead of them?
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Mea culpa, and there's actually two riders in front of them :(:(:(
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • Some photos taken at the top of box hill, just before the cafe

• MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    natrix wrote:
    Mea culpa, and there's actually two riders in front of them :(:(:(

Its ok, i was just trying to have a dig at the germans never being on the front :D
  • RideOnTime
    Some photos taken at the top of box hill, just before the cafe

great pics...
    I just never seem to hit the shutter right.
  • ant41
    ant41 Posts: 59
    Thought I would try and post a few of my own. Had to resize so not sure if this will work and images may be a bit grainy.
    Thanks also to the chap who tried valiantly to teach me how to use my camera properly. Any mistakes are my own etc etc
    Bonking is fun . . . but not on the bike.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Great pictures. Ridiculously many spectators. I think we were a few foreigners who got surprised by that. The show up at the womens was amazing as well.