First 100 miler, and thanks Pedal Precision.

HasselHough
HasselHough Posts: 83
edited March 2013 in Road beginners
Did my first 100 miles today with an average of 16.7mph, very happy to join the century club :-))

Had a fit with Richard at Pedal Precision yesterday and learned so much, he set up my cleats, raised my saddle, dropped the bars, moved the hoods and everything felt so much better afterwards :-) such a nice guy as well.

he also made me aware of my ITB tightness so the next thing I need is a foam roller and to put myself through some pain :-//
Cube Acid 2011 MTB
Boardman Road Team....... yes i have had the BB re-greased :-)

Comments

• Ah ITB they caused me no end of pain when I first got back on my bike, it took me lots of fiddling with the float on my cleats and rolling on a foam roller to get through them. I still get a bit of pain but nothing that hampers me.
  • Oh and good work on the 100 miles, I've got a 100mile sportive in 4 weeks to prepare for.
  • What is ITB?
    B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6

B'TWIN Triban 5A
    Ridgeback MX6
  • Oh and good work on the 100 miles, I've got a 100mile sportive in 4 weeks to prepare for.

Cheers, are you doing the Manchester 100mile on 2nd sept? That's what I was training for :-)
    Ah ITB they caused me no end of pain when I first got back on my bike, it took me lots of fiddling with the float on my cleats and rolling on a foam roller to get through them. I still get a bit of pain but nothing that hampers me.

Just started with the foam roller this evening, oh my god it hurts!!!!! I was waned it would! Hope it gets easier :-/
    Cube Acid 2011 MTB
    Boardman Road Team....... yes i have had the BB re-greased :-)
  • Used Pedal Precision myself when i got my first road bike.

Looked at all sorts very proffessional fit and like you say really nice guy. He looked at my feet and where the inner soles where positioned. Set my cleats up and video'd me pedalling and gave me some things to work on.

I have been back a number of times since and each time the service is excellent and i come away feeling as if the bike is just an extension of my body, corny i know but it is so well fitted now.