Do all Specialized saddles creak like crazy?

Turnbull2000
Turnbull2000 Posts: 189
edited July 2012 in Workshop
The two Toupes I've had and current Romin all begun creaking like crazy after a month or so. I've adjusted, fiddled and greased where the rails are attached, but no improvement whatsoever. The noise is simply absurd when I'm sitting forward on the saddle, and tempted to abandon Spesh saddles altogether and seek an alternative.

Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• My Avatar Gel creaked until I tightened up all the little red allan key head screws on the base - if you do this though watch out cause I over tightened one of mine and cracked the plastic bit it screws into - still stopped the creaking though even though I cracked one!

Hope this helps
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Anyone else having this issue?

Nope. My Avatar Gel is fine.
  • rpd_steve
    rpd_steve Posts: 361
    Ive got 2 roamins, 2 toupe and no issues here. You shouldnt need to grease the rails though. Sounds like a post mount issue to me.
  • Dmak
    Dmak Posts: 445
    My Avatar is creaking in a way. Feels the the rails are loose in their sockets. Tempted to try and fix with Epoxy or something.
  • Dmak wrote:
    My Avatar is creaking in a way. Feels the the rails are loose in their sockets. Tempted to try and fix with Epoxy or something.

have you lubed the sockets ?
  • Dmak
    Dmak Posts: 445
    Dmak wrote:

have you lubed the sockets ?

Nope and I didn't realise there was a was something you can tighten so thanks! Will have a look tonight.