Anthem x4 Bearings

mooseface2r
mooseface2r Posts: 88
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
My bearings on my Anthem are shot. Has anyone got any tips on replacing? do i need a tool and whats the best place to get them?

Thanks

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    I replaced the bearings on a mates Anthem X4 got the bearings from this fella KaTec Bikes They have been fine for last 2 years. He also does bearing extractors though they arent really necassary, I just tapped them out with a drift and a hammer then used some studding, some nuts, some washers and a couple of sockets to press the new ones in. Send him a message he will give you all the info you need.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    +1 slightly nutty potato. He's insane but knows his bearings. Excellent quality. He's also got loads of Youtube vids for different bikes.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Matt88
    Matt88 Posts: 83
    Before you go buying bearings i'd check it's not the shock bush thats shot. If it is then it has similar symptons to the bearings going, eg play if you lift the saddle when the bikes on the ground and a clunking noise when the shock is moving.

I seem to go through one every 3 months or so on my anthem, it might be worth a check.