Cube Fritzz Pro 2012 Crankset

merouria
merouria Posts: 12
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Is it at all possible to upgrade the crankset to a larger size for a higher top speed on this bike?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    ESP is weak tonight. What's on there now?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • merouria
    Raceface Respond 24x36, 170mm, Rockguard, integrated BB
  • merouria
    Could i possibly replace the bashguard with a bigger ring, like this:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=54367
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    At a cadence of around 100 you'll be doing about 30mph with 36/11. Just how fast do you want to go?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • merouria
    Fast, got very strong legs mate. feels wrong without enough resistance when i pedal. Sorry to pester you i have a lot to learn when it comes to biking.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Well if you get the right BCD and the front mech can cope with the new ringside and the shifter is suitable then you will need a new chain as the old one will be too short.

But take the bike off road and you will find the resistance you want.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • merouria
    Hey guys i took the shimano 42t chainring off my girlfriends cube as she wont be using her bike for a while to test clearance. Fits perfectly and looks like i could get an even bigger ring on there. I ajustedthe front mech as the screw was limiting how far it could go and now the shifter can engage into the larger ring no problems. I had to raise the front mech to stop rubbing of the chain but still have slight rubbing when i try to have the gears on the 2 smallest cogs at the back with the big ring upfront. Any idea how to stop this or is? Thanks for all your advice it really wasn't as hard as i thought i don't know why i was so scared to tinker with my bike!
  • merouria
    Update guys took it out after a few adjustments works like a dream no skipping no rubbing and gear changes are smooth. Thanks for the help!