Sports items lack of evidence.

13»

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    But, before I ride if I have a bacons sarnie, bb, bs, always, a banana and a sports drink, I'd feel better prepared, than if I just had water as the drink.... Bet that's what most sensible people would think? Have I too fallen for marketing bs? That's shite, not sauce.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    protein shakes are an option only.
    Wow, exactly the same as lucozade.
    Without the claims. Amazingly lucozade hydrates exactly the same as water given the number 1 listed ingredient - is water :lol:
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Yes you can eat a meal to achieve the same outcome but it's a lot more convenient to make up a yummy summer fruits protein shake and consume it.

For me the recovery shake has it's place, it just depends where and when I finish a long hard ride and experience tells me that without the shake or some other form of nutritional intake straight after the exercise I'll feel it the next day.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Briggo wrote:
    Yes you can eat a meal to achieve the same outcome but it's a lot more convenient to make up a yummy summer fruits protein shake and consume it.
    You'll still need to eat though.
  • Briggo
    Briggo wrote:
    You'll still need to eat though.

Well I should expect that sort of response from your good self.

Lets not be so selective to suit your argument and respond to the whole peice, where I state its paramount for me to have some form of nutritional intake straight after hard exercise, where it may not be convenient to have a meal e.g. pasta n meat to recover and the ease of creating a recovery drink to achieve the same outcome (i.e. providing an initial intake your body needs of carbs & protein) is more convenient depending on the situation at the end of the ride. It gives you the intake your body needs to start the recovery cycle, which an appropriate meal later on compliments that and does the real work needed.

I don't believe I ever stated I'd replaced all food intake for the summer fruits recovery shake.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    I don't buy it. I don't believe there's a need for immediate protein intake. Just wait till you get some food.
  • Briggo
    I don't buy it. I don't believe there's a need for immediate protein intake. Just wait till you get some food.

Well experience dictates to me that I do feel it the next day if I don't take in the carbs and protein shortly after hard exercise, doesn't matter what format I get it in.
  • MagnePange
    MagnePange Posts: 38
    Sure it lacks evidence. A lot of stuff in sport lacks evidence. Most stuff I think actually. Even "science" in sports are more or less uneffective in the long therm perspective of an MTB riders life.

MTB riding goes on for years: even decades. Most science goes on for 6-10 week periods then the reports need to be written an publisched.....