largest possible tyres

brodhurst1
brodhurst1 Posts: 4
edited July 2012 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi Guys

Does anyone know whats the biggest tyres I can fit on my 2007 marin mount vision? Its completly standard and im currently using nobby nics 2.35s but apparently they no longer make them, ideally I want the fattest tyre possible with a large amount of grip, basically as close to the nobbys as I can get.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers Guys

Brodhurst1 :?:

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • The nipper has 2.60" Kenda Kinetics on his jump bike! Mad it's like they should be on a crosser (has no more than 2ml between the chainstays).

Looks wicked though mind...... Bet they weigh a few kg's though lol!

Thanks.
  • I now realise my nobby nics are actually 2.40s!! These are running on the standard rims. My local bike shop suggested this wasn't a good idea but I'm hesitant to remove them as I've never had a problem. On the rim it says max tyre size 2.30and im now getting a bit worried. I'm also using downhill inner tubes if that makes any difference?

So guys any suggestions as to where I go from here? Another set of 2.40s or do I cave and get some skinnier versions? I'm not even sure what benefit I get from the fatter tyres if any at all, but I've grown to love them even when slogging up hill.

Cheers guys

Brodhurst1
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Fat tyres don't always give more grip.

Are you happy with the NNs? What would you change?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • I'm very happy with them. However I know they are very heavy and apparently not suited to my rims so wondering what everyone else thinks?

Cheers guys