Bars recommendations!

daveyroids
daveyroids Posts: 223
edited July 2012 in Workshop
When riding on the drops I'm finding it hard to reach my brakes.

Any recommendations for a set of bars that have a better reach.

Comments

  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Brakes are for cowards and communters.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,853
    daveyroids wrote:
    When riding on the drops I'm finding it hard to reach my brakes.

    Any recommendations for a set of bars that have a better reach.

    which levers? if they don't have adjustable reach, some have wedges to get them a bit closer
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • daveyroids
    daveyroids Posts: 223
    sungod wrote:
    daveyroids wrote:
    When riding on the drops I'm finding it hard to reach my brakes.

    Any recommendations for a set of bars that have a better reach.

    which levers? if they don't have adjustable reach, some have wedges to get them a bit closer

    The leavers are 2303 (8 speed sora).

    I have had a look in my pack that I got with the bike. Found the wedges, that previously I had no idea what those plastic things were for, fitted them and problem solved.

    Cheers!
  • daveyroids
    daveyroids Posts: 223
    Yossie wrote:
    Brakes are for cowards and communters.

    I'm both!
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    daveyroids wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    Brakes are for cowards and communters.

    I'm both!


    Be strong and dump the brakes. Then become a smack head or a pimp and you'll no longer have a job and so the second problem goes as well.

    Le voila
    - wage slave to full time cyuclist in one easy hit.

    And who says that I don't post good advice?
  • daveyroids
    daveyroids Posts: 223
    Yossie wrote:
    daveyroids wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    Brakes are for cowards and communters.

    I'm both!


    Be strong and dump the brakes. Then become a smack head or a pimp and you'll no longer have a job and so the second problem goes as well.

    Le voila
    - wage slave to full time cyuclist in one easy hit.

    And who says that I don't post good advice?

    Well! don't know how to answer to that apart from isn't being a pimp a job? So I would need my bike to commute to wherever I was 'pimping', and I would need a bike with brakes?