Schwalbe?

bikerbennyp
bikerbennyp Posts: 96
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Just a quick question wondering which models and casings you can use tubeless? Can you use the EVO and performance casing? I am using stans sealant and just checking which type of rocket rons to buy?
Thanks very much

Comments

• njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    You can use both.

The 2011/12 Evos are Tubeless Ready, the older ones aren't, but still work fine, particularly on Stan's rims.

The Performance carcass isn't technically tubeless ready, but again it works well, particularly on Stan's rims. If you have UST rims then the tubeless ready ones are probably the best bet.
  • http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYSCRRONEVO ... lding_tyre. It says these are not suitable for tubeless but would they actually work? Thanks for your help
  • njee20
    That's a pre 2011 tyre, so they claim not, but I find that on Stan's rims particularly yes, they do. In fact I'm tempted to get some of those as they go on better than the newer ones!

Edit: actually, they're OEM ones, which are significantly heavier than the claimed 445g. Will still work, but don't expect them to be quite so light.
  • http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Schwalbe-Rock ... 345wt_1199. I have also found these. I have roval control sl wheels and just want to make sure they will seal etc. Schwalbe don't make it easy to choose a tyre!
  • njee20
    German sites are better for Schwalbe: €19, or €33 for pukka Evo ones.

Never used the Performance ones, but I did use about 5 different pairs of (older non-tubeless) Evos on my Controle SLs, the newer ones will probably work even better, they're not quite as tight as the newer Stan's rims.
  • How much is the shipping on the german ones? Yes the newer ones I'm sure would be better
  • njee20
    €6 or sommat, still works out cheaper if you're getting a pair.
  • Thanks very much for the german site! Ordered a set of performance for €42! Let's hope they ate good for tubeless! Thanks for your advice have a good day :)
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I have the older non tubeless ready Evo versions of a Racing Ralph and Nobby Nic on my Roval Control wheels.They held air first time and went up with a track pump. I did need to leave them on their side for a while to get the sidewalls properly sealed up,though.Next time I`d be tempted to be a little more generous with the sealant.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • MDobs
    MDobs Posts: 167
    How much is the shipping on the german ones? Yes the newer ones I'm sure would be better

Just got my order from bikediscount.de and the only postage i paid was an optional 2 euros to have it sent by DHL instead of the default German(?) company.