Forum home Mountain biking forum Routes, rides and holidays Routes

Hick's Lodge Cycle Centre

oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,050
edited July 2012 in Routes
Just a heads up for anyone in the midlands who use's Hick's Lodge cycle centre. The lodge is currently shut awaiting new management is what the sign says on the door. Car park is open but toilets etc are not. I can only assume Purple Mountain couldn't make it pay and have pulled out.
Too many bikes according to Mrs O.

• Jimx26Jimx26 Posts: 147
    Can you still use the trails?
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 9,050
    Yes no problem trails still open as is the carpark, just no toilets or tea and cake at the end. I thought something might happen because although popular its not taken off as well as say Cannock or Sherwood. Then again it hasn't got a red / black run so hardened bikers tend to steer clear. Although recent Midland XC event was well received and attended.
    Just heard this evening that trail centre will be back up and running hopefully within next 7 days better than before. Fingers crossed.
    Just to confirm the trail centre is open but only the tea rooms and toilets. Purple Mountain pulled out apparently after a disagreement with the forestry commission who own the site. The local paper has reported that it is being put back out to tender and Purple Mountain will probably not bother to tender for it and concentrate on their other sites.
  • waby1234waby1234 Posts: 571
    What's it like? I'd not really heard of it until now.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
    Very easy aimed at beginners and kid's. Blue run is the hardest but relatively flat. I use it as its on my doorstep and keeps the kids entertained. Their is also a lot of easy trails in the immediate area for easy riding. Has been a few competitions there and hopefully a few more in future. Hoping that whoever takes over the centre properly will set a red run up for more experienced riders.