Titus FTM Carbon

bobcheese
bobcheese Posts: 343
edited July 2012 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

Looking for some advice. I have been looking for a cheap(ish) 140mm full suss frame for a while now without much joy. I came across these the other day and they look stupid value. Anyone got any experience of them? I have a 140mm hardtail doner bike just waiting to be stripped. Any thoughts welcome?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FRTITFTMCARRS/titus_ftm_carbon_frame_and_monarch_shock

Comments

• b45her
    b45her Posts: 147
    looks good , simular lines to a lapierre .
    ribble sportive for the black stuff

Canyon Strive AL 8.0 for the brown and green stuff.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    I have one! (see sig for build)

Seems very good, especially for the money. The suspension works very well, the frame is exceptionally light and the geometry is good. These were selling at the full rrp until On One bought them. Quite a few in the states(see mtbr) have them. Despite the value price, they seem very rare in the UK. I have never seen another one on the trails.

There is a few issues with rub around the cable exit points(internal routing) on mine, but some helitape seems to have sorted it.
    I would go for a 140mm fork up front, as 150mm seems slightly too long and 120mm seems slightly too short on my 120/150 dual position forks.
  • bobcheese
    bobcheese Posts: 343
    Thanks for the reply Leaflite, glad you are happy with the frame. Noted about the cable rub thanks for that. I have a 140mm Aggressor Elite waiting to be stripped so all good on the equip front (although I may be tempted with some new bling) :mrgreen: Checked On-One tonight and the are out of stock so looks like I am waiting until they are back in stock.

One last question, do you have an angle set or standard headset on yours?
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    bobcheese wrote:
    Thanks for the reply Leaflite, glad you are happy with the frame. Noted about the cable rub thanks for that. I have a 140mm Aggressor Elite waiting to be stripped so all good on the equip front (although I may be tempted with some new bling) :mrgreen: Checked On-One tonight and the are out of stock so looks like I am waiting until they are back in stock.

One last question, do you have an angle set or standard headset on yours?

All sizes look instock to me?

Im using a standard headset currently, a cane creek 40 carbon top/110 bottom integrated one. The on one headsets that fit weren't available when I bought this.

The rear brake line and mech cable is designed to slide in and out of the routing as the suspension compresses. If it doesnt, you will find that you get cable rub on the rear shock etc. To make it work you will need 4mm gear outer(shimano sp41 or similar) and a clip (available from most hardware stores, forgot the proper name for it :oops: ). The clip forces the two cables to go through the frame instead of bowing outwards as the suspension compresses.
    This pic just about shows it, the clip is just above the rear shockpc300327.jpg