CAAD10 Owners opinion v Cube Agree GTC Race Owners

shabs5000
shabs5000 Posts: 7
edited July 2012 in Road buying advice
Looking at new road bike. Due to offer available i started looking at the CAAD10 which is currently £1000 for the 105 version. However, whenever i speak to anyone about it I get the same old stuff about the racing geometry. My LBS recommended a CUBE GTC race 105 for £1250. Now i only ride a couple (say 3 max) hours at a time. Is the more relaxed geometry and carbon really going to make that much difference to me? I never ride longer most rides are about an hour to 90 mins and/or the bike leg on a triathlon (oly dist max at the minute).

Just cant make my mind up on where to go on this. tried both bikes and tbh i'm struggling to notice a massive difference (although it wasnt back to back test). also, i believe if i get the 56 CAAD then it shoudl give more relaxed postion against the 54? (I'm a deffo 58 on the Cube).

Any thoughts/opinions genuinely welcomed!!!

Comments

• bikingjohn
    bikingjohn Posts: 202
    Being a road bike newbie I'd spent much time adapting to CAAD10. Very tired after each 35km rides at the beginning. Still adapting to the bike after 500km (and changing parts to suit my fitting).

my bike: viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12863054
    2015 Trek Domane 4.5 Disc
    http://chup.info/c/tag/trek/
  • shabs5000
    thanks John. Looks like that's one vote for the Cube then!?! Lots of changes made - tbh i want to buy once and then not change much for 12 months at least.
  • shabs5000
    ....although the £250 in my pocket does allow for upgrades! ???
  • bikingjohn
    bikingjohn Posts: 202
    shabs5000 wrote:
    thanks John. Looks like that's one vote for the Cube then!?! Lots of changes made - tbh i want to buy once and then not change much for 12 months at least.
    For the fitting parts changes, you may or may not need them.

Go to a LBS and try them both. Good luck.
    2015 Trek Domane 4.5 Disc
    http://chup.info/c/tag/trek/
  • Strith
    Strith Posts: 541
    I ride a 2010 caad10 in pretty much standard trim. I often ride for up to 6 hrs with no problems and I find the bike no more fatiguing than any other bike I've ridden.
    I find its stiffness much better for covering distance and much much better climbing when compared to my previous steel framed race bike, although the geometry of the caad10 seems a little more relaxed.
    I'm 6'1" and I ride a 56 with the stem slammed. I'm pretty flexible, so this may be someting you might want to consider, although there is plenty of steerer on the fork as standard.
    I can't comment on the cube as I've not ridden one, but they look quite nice.
  • shabs5000
    thansk Strith - thats the reassurance i was looking for . i know its personal preference but upon trying both i really cant decern a massive difference - i guess either test ride was too short or i'm a ludite! :-)
  • IShaggy
    IShaggy Posts: 301
    I always go for a 'race' geometry rather than a 'sportive' geometry - so longer reach and shorter stack - simply because I have short legs and a long body. Forget the race versus sportive marketing crap, and instead go for a geometry and frame-size that suits your proportions and riding style.
  • OfficerDigby
    OfficerDigby Posts: 110
    I always go for a 'race' geometry rather than a 'sportive' geometry - so longer reach and shorter stack - simply because I have short legs and a long body. Forget the race versus sportive marketing crap, and instead go for a geometry and frame-size that suits your proportions and riding style.

+1. Exactly! that's why I can't buy cube bikes - in short they're short! (for me at least)
  • ct4oc
    ct4oc Posts: 98
    I'd try them both and see how they feel, personally I went for the Cube with Ultegra, i've put a 1000 miles on it and it's been simply brilliant! Whatever you choose I hope you enjoy it!