Has sold his soul!

I blame wiggle

Comments

• FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Saw that over on Pro-Race. Disgrace. ;)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    tut tut, but hopefully he can swing some good deals.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    What? Compared to those giant, pig iron BSOs with armchair saddles and faux leather grips that the delectable Vicky P has put her name to in Halfords? Now THAT is selling out IMHO!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    SimonAH wrote:
    What? Compared to those giant, pig iron BSOs with armchair saddles and faux leather grips that the delectable Vicky P has put her name to in Halfords? Now THAT is selling out IMHO!

+1!
    I had to explain to Mrs EKE why it was so bad. I was really wound up by it.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • I hope he isn't relying on CityLink to get him to the stages.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,707
    He's been sponsored for a while.

S'why the ASO cameras won't show him anymore.
  • just think of all the haribo he gets!
    Sorry its not me it's the bike ;o)

Strava Dude link http://www.strava.com/athletes/amander
    Commuting, Domestic & Pleasure : Specialized Sectuer Sport Disc

Please Sponsor http://www.justgiving.com/alister-manderfield1
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,671
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

+1!

Mind you, if you saw how little pro women cyclists get paid (if at all), I think you'd forgive her not turning away the sponsorship opportunity.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    rjsterry wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    SimonAH wrote:

+1!

Mind you, if you saw how little pro women cyclists get paid (if at all), I think you'd forgive her not turning away the sponsorship opportunity.

I do appreciate this, and have no issues with her taking sponsorships wherever she can - just such a huge shame that she's put her name to something as innapropriate.

Also astonished that Halfords would have thought it a good association too - surely most prospective purchasers of such dutchbikesque female specific machines will not have heard of her? And surely most who have heard of her and her incredible contribution to cycling will not be in the market for this sort of machine in the first place as they are likely clued up on bicycles? OK, broad brush generalisations I admit, but still I think a partnership with little to offer either side of the equation.

A line of cycle clothing, yes. A line of female specific performance cycles (ala Boardman), yes. Cycling fitness for women DVDs, yes. Indeed anything of technical / performance bent would be appropriate. But linking her name to these bloated BSOs seem doomed and not likely to enhance the reputation of either.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    He annoyed me before and he annoys me now. Hopefully now there will be less shots of him.