Rapha discount code

tmg
tmg Posts: 651
edited June 2013 in Road buying advice
Recently completed their survey to get a 15% discount but can't remember when they said they would be sending it, can anyone else recall?

Comments

• ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Its RSDT2012 and now expired
  • tmg
    tmg Posts: 651
    Gits
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Any good questions on the survey about suffering etc etc :?:
  • rainerhq
    rainerhq Posts: 70
    Anybody could share current code, please?
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"
  • All cancelled due to the sale as far as I'm aware.
  • rainerhq
    rainerhq Posts: 70
    shame :(
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Try http://www.torm.cc/index.html

OK, not technically a discount code but the same material with the same quality for half the price.
    I would also say more exclusive as you need to be in the know to know!

Great products with great support.
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    I'm sure you also think you need to be 'in the know' to shop at Lidl ... Tsk ...
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    I'm sure you also think you need to be 'in the know' to shop at Lidl ... Tsk ...
    There is a pretty wide gulf between Lidl and Torm; so no not really.......Tsk right back at you :lol:
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Want to make a little order from Rapha. Any valid discount code?
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    rainerhq wrote:
    Want to make a little order from Rapha. Any valid discount code?

why not just use the refer a friend system for a 10% discount? Surely you know someone with an email address you can refer, just order in their name. You can still use your own payment details and have the delivery address sent to you.
  • Wow, just had a quick look at their website and their prices make your eyes water....

I'm all for bling and buying top end bike stuff but 230 Euros for a basic rain jacket shell? Pleeez!

10% ain't gonna cut it for me, any chance of a 50% deal coming up?!
  • calmx5
    calmx5 Posts: 230
    10% ain't gonna cut it for me, any chance of a 50% deal coming up?!

Hahahahaha no chance, this is Rapha we're talking about, jog on....
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Not strictly true - wait 22 days and the post-xmas sale will start and there will be some bargains at 50% kind of levels on the website (presumably). Also there are the sample sales (London and Manchester last year).

Might not be what you REALLY want, but Rapha do do big discounts...
  • I've never seen Rapha discount anything at 50%. You will get some 40% items in the winter sale which comes around after the sample sale - mid to late January. My gut feeling is that the next sample sale is going to be in Edinburgh btw. The Ronde store has been a big hit for Rapha with lots of organised rides and events plus cross stuff and exhibitions...
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    does anyone know why they discontinued the pro race mitt? i love my two pairs but they won't last forever and there's not a chance i'll be paying £100 for other Rapha mitts!

the pro race mitts were £50 but i managed to get my two pairs in different sales for £30.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • I'd be surprised if their cheaper mitts didn't turn up again in the spring/summer stuff.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I've never seen Rapha discount anything at 50%. You will get some 40% items in the winter sale which comes around after the sample sale - mid to late January.
    I got their grey jacket last year at 50% off... I hope they do do sample sales across the country - I think it is good that they try and take their wares outside of London Town...
  • gsk82 wrote:
    does anyone know why they discontinued the pro race mitt? i love my two pairs but they won't last forever and there's not a chance i'll be paying £100 for other Rapha mitts!

the pro race mitts were £50 but i managed to get my two pairs in different sales for £30.

Best mitts you can buy, period. Bought my first pair and fell in love with them so picked another coupe of pairs up in the sales. I'm sure they'll do an 'improved' version (no idea how though) when the Sky kit comes out.
  • gsk82 wrote:

Best mitts you can buy, period. Bought my first pair and fell in love with them so picked another coupe of pairs up in the sales. I'm sure they'll do an 'improved' version (no idea how though) when the Sky kit comes out.
    I emailed Rapha back in April about the scarcity of the Pro Team mitts and asked whether they'd been discontinued. They came back to me pretty swiftly with this:

"Regrettably, we have not found a suitable supplier for our revised Pro Team Mitts, so there will not be any available this season – apologies!"

I'd imagine they'll have something sorted in the new year - probably in both normal Rapha and Team Sky flavours...
  • ajb72
    I suspect there has been a lot of sourcing of new suppliers as there were definitely issues creeping in at Rapha. I had the same fault with 3 pairs of pro team thermal shorts before giving up - I was advised to return them and wait for the new season version due to a change in supplier. There was a similar issue with the old version of the long sleeve jersey too, same fault with stitching coming apart in the same place. Hopefully all sorted now and at least they are honest about these issues if you contact them.
  • ajb72 wrote:
    I suspect there has been a lot of sourcing of new suppliers as there were definitely issues creeping in at Rapha. I had the same fault with 3 pairs of pro team thermal shorts before giving up - I was advised to return them and wait for the new season version due to a change in supplier. There was a similar issue with the old version of the long sleeve jersey too, same fault with stitching coming apart in the same place. Hopefully all sorted now and at least they are honest about these issues if you contact them.

Surely for the sort of money they're asking there shouldn't be 'issues'?!
  • ajb72
    ajb72 wrote:

Surely for the sort of money they're asking there shouldn't be 'issues'?!

It's naive to think a manufacturer will never encounter issues, but I agree that quality control should be of the highest order for the cost of the garments. I suspect the issue here was the significant growth of the brand and meeting demand - corners cut to ramp up production perhaps? Anyway, the issues I mentioned were dealt with so cannot complain.
  • RBL30 gets you 30% off a single merino base layer - it doesn't work on the base layer bundle or anything else - I tried it ;-) Just bagged a long sleeve in black.
  • brilliant. RBL30 just worked for me to the tune of £20 off.
    thanks!
  • Brilliant, just ordered one. thanks for that. Happy Christmas !
  • NEW CODE!!!!
    T8EU25 for 30% off our Merino
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    Is it just me or have prices on stuff like the baselayers gone up a lot? I swear the bundle was something like £110 before - now it's £140! And a single LS baselayer is £65 before you apply the discount.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Is it just me or have prices on stuff like the baselayers gone up a lot? I swear the bundle was something like £110 before - now it's £140! And a single LS baselayer is £65 before you apply the discount.
    3 years ago the S/S base layer bundle was £90.
    I am glad that I have everything I need and now only buy items on sale.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    daviesee wrote:
    3 years ago the S/S base layer bundle was £90.
    I am glad that I have everything I need and now only buy items on sale.

Someone has to pony-up for the Sky sponsorship.... :|