Forum home Road cycling forum Pro race

Posts

  • No_Ta_DoctorNo_Ta_Doctor Posts: 10,382
    Much ado about not very much as far as I can see.
    “Road racing was over and the UCI had banned my riding positions on the track, so it was like ‘Jings, crivvens, help ma Boab, what do I do now? I know, I’ll go away and be depressed for 10 years’.”

    @DrHeadgear

    The Vikings are coming!
  • ddraverddraver Posts: 22,092
    BB doesn't have any boring quotes to post so we re left with sensible people waiting and watching...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • timoid.timoid. Posts: 3,133
    So is this a whole load of nothing? Or have we just decided to ignore it because the French don't dope.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • gabriel959gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    My doping mind thinks...

    We knew what you were doing last summer and did nothing. We know you could do it again this summer but it will be a bit much so please keep it down.

    This sport is rotten to the core IMO.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • DeadCalmDeadCalm Posts: 3,759
    Timoid. wrote:
    So is this a whole load of nothing? Or have we just decided to ignore it because the French don't dope.
    It does appear, on the face of it, to be a whole load of nothing. The French anti-doping agency launched an investigation last August but have found nothing.

    The biggest shocker for me is to discover that corticosteroids have effectively been legalised for out-of-competition usage.
    Team My Man 2021:

    Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Mauri Vansevenant, Simon Carr, Pavel Sivakov, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Benoit Cosnefroy, Romain Bardet
  • MrTapirMrTapir Posts: 1,206
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Timoid. wrote:
    So is this a whole load of nothing? Or have we just decided to ignore it because the French don't dope.
    It does appear, on the face of it, to be a whole load of nothing. The French anti-doping agency launched an investigation last August but have found nothing.

    The biggest shocker for me is to discover that corticosteroids have effectively been legalised for out-of-competition usage.

    Well it makes sense i suppose because I have an allergy prescription that is a corticosteroid, its only one of those nasal sprays.

    The articles on this seem to be lots of words not saying very much, and as Bernadeu points out, plenty of rumour. THe Charteau thing sounded a bit dodgy, but im not sure what the article was saying at the end of it, googletranslate was a bit garbled, was it saying that administering cortisol after a crash could be fatal to a rider, and thus would be a silly thing for them to try? Although the example of Ricco shows that concerns for one's heatlh arent always high on the agenda.
  • dougzzdougzz Posts: 1,833
    Didn't censored Pound make some remark about sympathy for the peleton given the number of 'asthmatics' in cycling.
  • MrTapirMrTapir Posts: 1,206
    dougzz wrote:
    Didn't censored Pound make some remark about sympathy for the peloton given the number of 'asthmatics' in cycling.

    What a name that guys got :D
Sign In or Register to comment.