Mojo or TfTuned

Huck Finn
Huck Finn Posts: 157
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
Wasn't sure where to put this...

I've bought a second hand stumpy and think its best I get a professional service on the Fox Talas fork and rear shock. Can anyone tell me if there is any big difference between the service provided by either Mojo or TFT? I live within 10 miles of Mojo so will probably go for them if the job done is pretty much of a muchness between the two.

Any advice appreciated!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Mojo are the official Fox people, so I'd use them.
  • Huck Finn
    Yeah, probably will. Prices are pretty similar and I'm sure they know what they are doing! And it'll keep a little money in South Wales!

Thanks
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Mojo. I've heard a few issues that people have had (very few, but enough to swing the debate) with TFtuned and since they aren't officially the service centre why would you choose them over Mojo anyway?
  • widge34
    widge34 Posts: 900
    I used TF tuned for my Fox shock, and they were brilliant with great communication. I only used them because the the guy I purchased shock from had used them previously so TF new history of shock.

I know Chris Porter of Mojo and he's a good Guy and they have a very good reputation, and if you live nearby, I would use them.
    ----
    Widge.

Bird Zero 2
    Trek Madone 3.5c H2 2013
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I have used TF Tuned for Rockshox & Fox forks & shocks. Great service, fast turn around & stuff comes back from them feeling better than new.
    I have heard of one or two people having problems with TF but I have heard of as many with Mojo.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    Mojo. I've heard a few issues that people have had (very few, but enough to swing the debate) with TFtuned and since they aren't officially the service centre why would you choose them over Mojo anyway?
    I use TFTuned, because I've always used them and never had a problem.
    If Mojo was significantly cheaper, I'd use them, but I trust TFTuned - they're my "go-to" place, so to speak.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I've found Locotuning to be excellent.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Huck Finn
    Thanks all who contributed. I've just booked them into Mojo. I daresay they'll do a wonderful job.
  • Huck Finn
    Just checked out loco tuning Cooldad. Didn't realise I was surrounded by shock servicing people! I'll check them out next service perhaps.
  • YeehaaMcgee
    YeehaaMcgee Posts: 5,740
    They'll be fine. All three of the main companies do good work to people, but I suspect most customers are a bit like me - they'll stick to what they know.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Pretty much this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools