Mountain Kings II or Panaracer XC Pro??

2»

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    supersonic wrote:
    Just having a convo on the worst ever tyres on FB - Spesh Captain/Fast Track
    Really? I use a captain s works on the rear for the dry months and love it. Rolls like a dream and plenty of warning before it lets go. I've used much worse, found high rollers to be bloody frightening on anything other than groomed hardpack and even then they let go in every corner unless you got them right over on the side lugs.

Btw the Fast Track is a completely different tyre to the Captain and is legitimately dreadful in comparison.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    supersonic wrote:
    Just having a convo on the worst ever tyres on FB - Spesh Captain/Fast Track
    Really? I use a captain s works on the rear for the dry months and love it. Rolls like a dream and plenty of warning before it lets go. I've used much worse, found high rollers to be bloody frightening on anything other than groomed hardpack and even then they let go in every corner unless you got them right over on the side lugs.

Btw the Fast Track is a completely different tyre to the Captain and is legitimately dreadful in comparison.

Captain front, fast trak LK rear is a great fast racing xc combination - not designed for mud or really loose surfaces though. Lots of people swear by this combo - even those racing. Captain 2.2 front and 2.0 rear would also be great and be a bit more tolerant of loose/muddy surfaces though not quite as fast.

Its the combo I use and love unless I am going somewhere muddy or a trail centre, when I switch to Nevegals although I am not sure the nevegals are the best (they are good enough for now though).
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    I'd personally never run a Captain at the front.