clemo2k1 Posts: 15
edited January 2013 in MTB general

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    A lot can happen in 8 hours.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Intriguingly, he appears to have nine of them cluttering up his shed, and a laser hair removal system for sale too. I'd hazard a guess it's someone legitimate who's doing a stock clearance, but that's just a guess of course.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Seller has good feedback so I think its worth watching.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    The number of them is suspicious, with generic photos lifted from the 'net. Worth a call to Jungle? He lists an address.
  • clemo2k1
    clemo2k1 Posts: 15
    i would buy one though if there legit
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    edited June 2012
    100% feedback and pay with Paypal. The worst that happens is you get your money back.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Abra
    Abra Posts: 338
    Looks like hes set to make a pretty penny!
    DO MORE OF WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY
  • Yeah, you're covered if you buy inside Ebay and pay via PayPal. I've not read the description, but if anything doesn't match expectations then just send it back. You are covered under distance selling reg's (actually not sure as it's an auction) But generally I think you are pretty much covered, so give it a whirl.
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    "posted within ten days" thats plenty of time to empty the paypal account and do one...

Id only be paying cash and collecting if i was buying one....
  • A lot can happen in 8 hours.

How true - £126 to £400 in the last 3 hours ;)
  • used to be a half decent bike shop in bridgewater, cant remember the name of it though, used to sell a lot on ebay,
    would be one of those ideal situations where you'd have a friend that lives in that area to arrange to go and have a look! but been a member for a year on ebay, has 100+ positive feedback and some expensive items in his previous items so possibly a sound seller!!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Ended at 580
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    nicklouse wrote:
    Ended at 580

Bargain, if legit.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Agreed - Bargain.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • sdavies141
    sdavies141 Posts: 49
    I emailed the guy several times and no response, was interested did bid but when they got passed £500 I could not judtify the risk.
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    But there is no risk if using paypal, you will always get you money back even if they clear their account.
  • njee20
    Not quite true, you've got a very good chance, but it's far from a guarantee.

The '10 working days' until it's posted I found a bit odd, if it then 'gets lost' in the post you could easily get beyond the time required to start a PayPal debate while they stall.
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    I'd have to disagree, PayPal are pretty awesome with customer disputes. I think you'd be alright.
  • appy
    appy Posts: 408
    currently has nothing for sale and hasnt since the 17th i know how this is going to end. He will wait for the money to clear into his account and then bye bye England

I hope nobody on here was stupid enough to buy one
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    njee20 wrote:
    Not quite true, you've got a very good chance, but it's far from a guarantee.

The '10 working days' until it's posted I found a bit odd, if it then 'gets lost' in the post you could easily get beyond the time required to start a PayPal debate while they stall.

This.

There is no valid reason why it should EVER take 10 working days to post something. Although I appreciate this dude has sold a bit of stuff in the past and is probably legit.

I don't think I'd ever buy anything from ebay that just uses stock pictures and copy-paste specs.

Fair play to whoever won it though if it is indeed real.
  • pumpers
    pumpers Posts: 26
    Have to strongly disagree with peoples comments about paypal. I will NEVER use them again.

To cut a long story short someone cloned my wifes card, set up a bogus payapl account and then proceed to buy over £400 of stuff before the card was stopped. Despite numerous emails, telephone calls and attempts to get our money back they didnt want to know. I was given a bogus fraud claim number, never got to speak to the same person twice and had to resort to only communicating via email to keep a record of what was going on. Once you've dealt with their complaints dept in India you will never do business via Paypal again.

I'd hate for anyone else to be in a similiar situation to me before they find out how poor paypal really are.

pumpers
  • Plyphon
    Plyphon Posts: 433
    pumpers wrote:
    Have to strongly disagree with peoples comments about paypal. I will NEVER use them again.

To cut a long story short someone cloned my wifes card, set up a bogus payapl account and then proceed to buy over £400 of stuff before the card was stopped. Despite numerous emails, telephone calls and attempts to get our money back they didnt want to know. I was given a bogus fraud claim number, never got to speak to the same person twice and had to resort to only communicating via email to keep a record of what was going on. Once you've dealt with their complaints dept in India you will never do business via Paypal again.

I'd hate for anyone else to be in a similiar situation to me before they find out how poor paypal really are.

pumpers

not to like... insult you or anything - but for card cloning fraud you should go directly to your bank, no?
  • dmorton
    dmorton Posts: 244
    Plyphon wrote:

not to like... insult you or anything - but for card cloning fraud you should go directly to your bank, no?

That's exactly what you should do, go to the bank or credit card company. Trying to get the money from PayPal, you're barking up the wrong tree, no wonder they're not interested. What have the bank/credit card people said?
  • Well it looks like the naysayers were right.....Looks like he's scarpered with a few quid! :(

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... P:feedback
  • One 80
    One 80 Posts: 62
    Well it looks like the naysayers were right.....Looks like he's scarpered with a few quid! :(

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... P:feedback

wow thats a lot of scammed cash there. hope he gets caught
    Boardman comp 2012
  • Yup over £5k! Hope he gets his comeupance!!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • njee20
    And we're surprised by that? :roll:

I hope the gullible and greedy fools get their money back, but the clues were there!
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    As I previously wrote . . .
    Giraffoto wrote:
    I'd hazard a guess it's someone legitimate who's doing a stock clearance, but that's just a guess of course.

. . . I shall therefore refrain from any further "does this guy seem trustworthy?" threads. Also you've got to wonder how long he'd been planning this one for . . .
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • mrmonkfinger
    mrmonkfinger Posts: 1,452
    Giraffoto wrote:
    As I previously wrote . . .
    Giraffoto wrote:
    I'd hazard a guess it's someone legitimate who's doing a stock clearance, but that's just a guess of course.

. . . I shall therefore refrain from any further "does this guy seem trustworthy?" threads. Also you've got to wonder how long he'd been planning this one for . . .

Presumably a while, there was quite a bit of pricey stuff in his feedback history IIRC.

Still, let's see what ebay has to say about him:
    This member is an eBay Top-rated seller

Consistently receives highest buyer ratings
    Dispatches items quickly
    Has earned a track record of excellent service
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Look at the new feedback.

It's quite an easy thing to do if you're only here for a while.

Sell loads of stuff on ebay, with link to 'temporary' english bank account to get good feedback, then sell loads of expensive items, take the money, close down your english bank account and then fook off back to Bulgaria with a decent pile of cash.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?