Where's everyone gone ?

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited June 2012 in The cake stop
Here ? There ? No idea anymore, so I'm off to buy a bike :D
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Over "there" I am afraid - the once hallowed mighty cake stop is now just a haven for banality and communter talk.

Its all a bit sad really ...... But at least we do know about the best cafes in the North East of England, C 2 C and organized trips from Whitehaven to Tynemouth. Great ..........
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    I pop in occasionally. It's not like it was on the good old days. It was like a bike-related entertainment emporium where you never knew what you'd find.

saunters off to look for something new and fresh.......
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    The trouble is that the new Bottom Bracket is full of people posturing and straining for effect. It's not a lot of fun to read.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Well, not really - its just full of people who don't like the new format because there was nothing wrong with the old format to be honest and they are just having a moan about it all.

The only reason that people are noticing what is going on in there is because the Cake Stop is now full of dullards/communters posting dullness/communting and claiming outrageous self centered posturing by the B/Bers and so B/B seems outlandish and rebellious - its much like when punks first came out and the whole of society thought it was the end of the world as we know it. But it wasn't. And B/B isn't.
  • raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    Can I just say I'm a newbie and I'd like to know what bike/shoes/chaintool/beanie to buy please? I'm 37 stone and want to lose a few pounds too. Am I in the right place?
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    Can I just say I'm a newbie and I'd like to know what bike/shoes/chaintool/beanie to buy please? I'm 37 stone and want to lose a few pounds too. Am I in the right place?

Spiritually you are in the place nature created for you. Peace be with you fatty.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Yossie wrote:
    Well, not really - its just full of people who don't like the new format because there was nothing wrong with the old format to be honest and they are just having a moan about it all.

The only reason that people are noticing what is going on in there is because the Cake Stop is now full of dullards/communters posting dullness/communting and claiming outrageous self centered posturing by the B/Bers and so B/B seems outlandish and rebellious - its much like when punks first came out and the whole of society thought it was the end of the world as we know it. But it wasn't. And B/B isn't.
    End of the world's a bit stong - i'd have just said 'dull'.