Pictures are compulsory in ad's; why not location ?

Can we make it compulsory to have the location of a large item, like a complete bike, included within a 'for sale' advert where the seller specifies 'collection only'.

There is nothing worse than seeing a great bike or item listed and having the vendor state collection only when their location is not in the ad or their Avatar box.

Its a total PITA having to PM them and finding out they are 100's of miles away. Its a waste of the potential purchasers time and also the vendor in having to reply.

I am not talking about adding their address. Just stating the town or even the county in the ad would be a huge help.

Al
Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it is already stated in the rules.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:

So why is it not enforced ? Surely the ad should be pulled in the same way as those with no pictures.
    Hey, maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events, but we just got our asses kicked, pal!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nicklouse wrote:

So why is it not enforced ? Surely the ad should be pulled in the same way as those with no pictures.
    well if no one reports it how can we do anything?

or should we go fully moderated in the classifieds where no new topics will be seen untill a modmin has time to approve them. which could be each evening?

if something falls outside of the rules report it and then the modmins have a chance of doing something.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Ease down mate !

If you check my post count you will see I have not been on here long and therefore perhaps not so clued up on how these things get moderated.

I made the comment in order to improve the site for all, not to be berated.