Some clarification please......

flasher
flasher Posts: 1,734
is it really ok to sell fake gear in the classifieds?

Comments

• alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    Flasher wrote:

Not really

I don't mind seeing the odd pair of choakleys... or dodgy chinese team kit... but it is taking the p1ss a bit when you buy a bulk order of coakleys and sell them with a £10-£15 mark-up per pair
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    We are waiting for the site owners to clarify the rules regarding fakes and counterfeits.

People are not allowed to trade though - so please report them.
  • flasher
    This is the second lot in 3 weeks, the first thread disappeared after he sold them all too, bet he loved that.

And the promise of more:
    gds08 wrote:
    Banana Boy wrote:
    Thank God vino didn't get to read this!

I'll get some more Rob, so that I can give him another chance to be a bit quicker off the mark!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=40049&t=12858800
    Making or selling fake goods is against the law. Sellers of fake goods can be fined or can even go to jail.

By doing nothing you're complicit in illegal trading.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/con ... _goods.htm

Seriously if you want this stuff go to ebay.
  • supersonic
    The advert has been deleted.
  • flasher
    supersonic wrote:
    The advert has been deleted.

Not having a go at you personally, but after the horse has bolted for the second time.
  • supersonic
    I overlooked it, - but if people click the ! button it will flag up straight away.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    To add the forum is not actively moderated. We react to people reporting posts.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • gds08
    gds08 Posts: 948
    Flasher wrote:

Not really

I don't mind seeing the odd pair of choakleys... or dodgy chinese team kit... but it is taking the p1ss a bit when you buy a bulk order of coakleys and sell them with a £10-£15 mark-up per pair

You really are so far off the mark with your ill informed guesswork comments!! I was recently speaking to a good friend of mine who owns a very well known and reputable cycle shop in North London and he told me something which surprised me in that all Campagnolo equipment attracts a 100% mark up on retail over dealer purchase price and that this kind of mark up is similar on other brands so please do not lecture me on making small profits on items when every time you all buy something from any UK dealer, shop whatever, you are unknowingly giving them a huge profit of sometimes 100% so I suggest you all wake up, grow up and get off those ridiculously high horses. You are all pathetic morons with nothing interesting to fill your lives with other thane inane drivel on here. But I thank you for redressing the balance a little from us more intellectual beings as at least your lives are not a total waste of time.
  • flasher
    gds08 wrote:
    Flasher wrote:

Not really

You really are so far off the mark with your ill informed guesswork comments!! I was recently speaking to a good friend of mine who owns a very well known and reputable cycle shop in North London and he told me something which surprised me in that all Campagnolo equipment attracts a 100% mark up on retail over dealer purchase price and that this kind of mark up is similar on other brands so please do not lecture me on making small profits on items when every time you all buy something from any UK dealer, shop whatever, you are unknowingly giving them a huge profit of sometimes 100%

1) Shops have overheads such as rent, rates, staffing costs, advertising, stock costs, pay tax and VAT. etc. etc.
    2) They sell genuine, authentic items with guarantees.
    3) You have none of the above.

gds08 wrote:
    so I suggest you all wake up, grow up and get off those ridiculously high horses. You are all pathetic morons with nothing interesting to fill your lives with other thane inane drivel on here. But I thank you for redressing the balance a little from us more intellectual beings as at least your lives are not a total waste of time.

:lol: .............whatever
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    gds08 wrote:
    Flasher wrote:

Not really

You really are so far off the mark with your ill informed guesswork comments!! I was recently speaking to a good friend of mine who owns a very well known and reputable cycle shop in North London and he told me something which surprised me in that all Campagnolo equipment attracts a 100% mark up on retail over dealer purchase price and that this kind of mark up is similar on other brands so please do not lecture me on making small profits on items when every time you all buy something from any UK dealer, shop whatever, you are unknowingly giving them a huge profit of sometimes 100% so I suggest you all wake up, grow up and get off those ridiculously high horses. You are all pathetic morons with nothing interesting to fill your lives with other thane inane drivel on here. But I thank you for redressing the balance a little from us more intellectual beings as at least your lives are not a total waste of time.

So you're a little annoyed that your little pocket money exercise has been shut down then? :lol:
  • gds08
    gds08 Posts: 948
    Whatever gave you the idea that it has been 'shut down'? Bike radar is not the one and only place to sell anything for christs sake but thanks for your input however small and inaccurate.
  • flasher
    gds08 wrote:
    Whatever gave you the idea that it has been 'shut down'? Bike radar is not the one and only place to sell anything for christs sake but thanks for your input however small and inaccurate.

Bye then :lol: