Looking after my new Rockrider

thelukeman01
thelukeman01 Posts: 13
edited June 2012 in Workshop
Just picked up my new btwin Rockrider 8.1 from the Decathlon store in Sheffield (great bike by the way!) and i now want to know how to really maintain it, look after it, and generally just give it some lovin. Any ideas seen as though Im not an experienced mountain biker? :)

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,301
    Start by keeping it clean, without using pressure cleaners and keep the chain clean and lubed. Then you need to learn to adjust the pads and index the gears... Very easy. For help look at the park tool website and on youtube
    left the forum March 2023
  • Thanks, already got the gear for lubing and keeping it clean so Im all good there. Any advice on maintaining suspension or is that not something i really need to worry about?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,301
    Suspension? Keep it very clean... if any dirt scratches the piston, you'll start losing air. Keep the air pressure correct. A good idea to store the bike upside down to allow the oil to spread well inside the fork.
    As for proper maintenance, it's not something you can DIY, not even bike shops do it.
    left the forum March 2023
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    You might get more in depth advice if you post in the MTB workshop section rather than the Road one... :wink:
  • Good idea ;)