Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB buying advice

sticky single sided black sponge - where to get it?

james_ukjames_uk Posts: 36
edited June 2012 in MTB buying advice
, when my bike was built it has some 1 sided sticky black sponge in bits, like under some cables, by the suspension to stop the cables touching it etc

well i want more of it but not sure where to get it or the proper name for it?

i looked on amazong and ebay and all i could find was double sided sticky sponge, im guessing i only want single, the stuff thats on mine now seems like single sided sticky.

anyway i know this isnt the most technical question but im hoping one of you guys will know exactly what im looking for :)



  • cooldadcooldad Posts: 32,599
    I would just get some helicopter tape.
    I don't do smileys.

    There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

    London Calling on Facebook

  • bails87bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Hobbycraft do A4 sheets of sticky backed foam rubber for a couple of quid.

    "As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • DodgeTDodgeT Posts: 2,255
    I've seen people use the soft half of sticky back velcro for this.
    I wouldn't though. Just use helitape.
Sign In or Register to comment.