2013 models

Sicario
Sicario Posts: 25
edited May 2012 in Road buying advice
I have just been to a bike shop which is a Specialized dealer.

I was advised that in 6 weeks or so the 2013 range is coming out, hence why there is no stock left.

Is this for all bike manufacturers or just Specialized? I forgot to ask! :oops:

Comments

• itsnotarace
    itsnotarace Posts: 518
    The new ranges are always announced between July and September for the majority of manufacturers, but even if you pre-order don't expect to see the bike in a dealer much before October
  • Sicario
    The new ranges are always announced between July and September for the majority of manufacturers, but even if you pre-order don't expect to see the bike in a dealer much before October

I was more thinking some dealers will want to be getting rid of stock so I can pick up a bargain.

I am looking to buy 2 road/racers so I am hoping to grab a deal from somewhere.
  • Ringo 68
    Ringo 68 Posts: 441
    There are usually some good deals to be had when the TDF is on. Maybe worth waiting for a few weeks.
    Cube Agree GTC Pro
    Boardman Comp
    Carrera Subway Hybrid
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    The sub £1200 road bike make range has all but sold out with spesh uk so the 2013 launch is being brought forward by three months. Normally Allez bikes go on sale within the opening week of the tour de France. The situation has arisen from other brands not having stock and spesh uk being the go to brand for a lot of dealers who may use it as a second or third tier option. This in turn has affected all stock for uk dealers, notably concept stores. It is a good position to be in given the global climate I would imagine. I would wait but or do some digging to find out who if anyone has any stock in store.
  • Sicario
    OK thanks.

I am not specifically looking at Specialized bikes. My friend liked the Allez but we're happy to look at other options.

I have my eyes on the Willer Montegrappa for example, I should be able to snap that up at £650. We'll need to wait and see.
    Issue I have is me and my friend aren't always available at the same time so it is delaying things further and further and we may as well just wait!