Dauphine Libere

2»

Comments

• gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    vanleapo wrote:
    Would love to see Wiggins actually attacking on the climbs instead of riding defensively all the time.

That's not really what he does, though, is it? If he was riding defensively he'd just sit on people's wheels and follow anyone who attacked. What he does is ride at his limit the whole way at a constant effort and completely ignore everyone else (whether they are attacking off in front of him or dropping off behind him).
  • vanleapo wrote:
    Would love to see Wiggins actually attacking on the climbs instead of riding defensively all the time.

That's not really what he does, though, is it? If he was riding defensively he'd just sit on people's wheels and follow anyone who attacked. What he does is ride at his limit the whole way at a constant effort and completely ignore everyone else (whether they are attacking off in front of him or dropping off behind him).

Exactly how Evans rode pre-Worlds, Wiggins is a bit different though you don't see him in the one day race's he doesn't seem to have that ability to keep upping the pressure up till everyone cracked. The TT will be interesting in this race to see what the difference is between Wiggo and Evans, if its not massive then Evans will start looking better as by the end of 3 weeks Evans may start looking better in the TT's
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.
  • thamacdaddy
    thamacdaddy Posts: 590
    Exactly how Evans rode pre-Worlds, Wiggins is a bit different though you don't see him in the one day race's he doesn't seem to have that ability to keep upping the pressure up till everyone cracked. The TT will be interesting in this race to see what the difference is between Wiggo and Evans, if its not massive then Evans will start looking better as by the end of 3 weeks Evans may start looking better in the TT's

I am not quite sure I agree with you. Wiggins and sky set a constant high power output pace much like basso and liquigas tried in the Giro. Evans stayed with the favourites and generally was on their wheel but post world champs would attack off the front.

it's a different style that Wiggins is probably not going to take to do short digs to try and gap. Instead they set what they know is a high power output and ride others off their wheel (in theory). Be interesting if he did try a more contador style attack, I am sure if that was possible and he felt good he might but I think it's wrong to try and say he is a wheel sucker.

The interviews recently I didn't think said peak multiple times. I thought in the ones I read he had said that he has not been in peak form so far this year but he is still winning and they still aim for the TDF for peak performance.
    Watch the video at 1:40
    We have never been at one race with the absolute best condition as everything is aimed at the Tdf in july.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/ma ... -de-france

Plus he clearly is the leader for the Dauphine: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/20 ... ey-wiggins
  • I think if Evans had of had the team behind him he would have ridden very similarly to Wiggins, but he never did so he found different ways of staying up there. Which eventually lead to him riding the way he does now.

I don't think Wiggins has peaked yet but he has been holding very good form for a very long time and i wonder if that might me he will have a hard time holding his peak form ? Particularly when it comes to the last week of the Tour , I have heard alot of comparison of his season so far to Evans last year. I personally think Wiggins has shown a lot more earlier that Evans did last year, is that because his just that bit better that the opposition and his forms not that great ? Not sure i buy that, will know soon enough though
    Take care of the luxuries and the necessites will take care of themselves.